Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 04:48:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What's the hardest boss you've ever faced?

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the hardest boss you've ever faced?  (Read 606 times)
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 06:43:32 pm »

Shall I ask, what did you choose when you leveled up before you fought him.

(CP all the way, some HP so you don't get 1 hit KO later on though...)
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29:16 pm »

Shall I ask, what did you choose when you leveled up before you fought him.

(CP all the way, some HP so you don't get 1 hit KO later on though...)
A question of my own: who are you talking to? O_o
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:58 pm »

Anima Erk Sage, he talked about KH Chain of Memories. 

The trick to that game is to generally ignore Sleights, rarely-occaisionally get HP, and almost always get Card Points, allowing for better cards. 
Report Spam   Logged

TheAPERSON
Just try playing me
Global Moderator

THE Guitar Hero

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 05:22:59 am »

150 tries? Most bosses I face take about 50 or so, depends, I don't really keep count.
Report Spam   Logged

erksage

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:02 pm »

Andross on expert mode for Star Fox 64.
Report Spam   Logged
Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 05:54:51 pm »

Anima Erk Sage, he talked about KH Chain of Memories. 

The trick to that game is to generally ignore Sleights, rarely-occaisionally get HP, and almost always get Card Points, allowing for better cards. 
I had capped HP a long time ago, the only way I beat Hook(along w/ loading my deck with Cure cards.) When I did my powerleveling I got CP because the only sleights I ever actually use are Sliding Dash because its easy and Trinity Limit.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 08:43:11 pm »

GAH!  You ACTUALLY capped HP?  That is a very bad thing to do...

I got to Castle Oblivion floor, level 51, and I only have 170 HP.  My max card points are 1375.  0 sleights, other than Trinity Limit.

GET CP, ALWAYS.  Then pack in 0's.  0's are your best friend, always and forever.  ESPECIALLY against Riku, if he happens to use Dark Aura (tis a very evil move, impossible to dodge too).  But they are good versus all bosses.  Capping HP is very, very bad.  GET CP.

As far as sleights go, I have a level 90 (or 91) game and I got all the sleights.  Some of them aren't bad, but the stronger sleights have low card values, like Ragnarok and Ars Arcanum.  Holy is a good sleight, BUT it costs a MEGALIXIR, zomg lol.

You know, the Ansem (the final one, of course) is quite hard, actually.  He is AWESOME to fight, but his attacks do sooo much damage, and Riku doesn't get Cure, just the occaisional King Mickey.  Not to mention Guardian auto blocks most attacks like Vexen's shield, resulting in a stunned Riku.  Oh, and King Mickey is the slowest friend card in the game, which means Ansem is probably gonna just 0 you...
Report Spam   Logged

TheAPERSON
Just try playing me
Global Moderator

THE Guitar Hero

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 04:42:39 am »

Trust me, once you face these bosses, your going to struggle.

(from a variety of games)
The Biolizard
Omega Pirate
Boost Guardian
Spider Guardian
Emperor Ing
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 09:06:42 pm »

What difficulty? 

Boost Guardian isn't so bad, just have to remember to drop bombs on him.  Although, the constant life drain is NOT fun at all.  That is why Quadraxis is annoying, energy drain.

Omega Pirate, yeah, he annoyed me.  Minion summon and invisibility, very annoying combination.  Deadly, in fact.

Emperor Ing is a really fun fight.  But, wait, which form?

First form is easy, Annihilator --> Super Missle, run in the direction opposite it spins, then follow.
Second Form is meh, dull.  Toss around a couple Power Bombs here and there, problem solved.
Final Form isn't really hard himself, he is just hard to damage.  That core with its switch vulnerability and very small opening, definitely a pain.  He does give you free ammo, though, if you run low.  His attacks aren't all that hard to evade, either.  Personally, I'd say Metroid Prime (second form) was harder, because of minion spawn and invisibility.  That combo always bothers me.
Report Spam   Logged

TheAPERSON
Just try playing me
Global Moderator

THE Guitar Hero

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2008, 04:13:50 am »

What difficulty? 

Boost Guardian isn't so bad, just have to remember to drop bombs on him.  Although, the constant life drain is NOT fun at all.  That is why Quadraxis is annoying, energy drain.

Omega Pirate, yeah, he annoyed me.  Minion summon and invisibility, very annoying combination.  Deadly, in fact.

Emperor Ing is a really fun fight.  But, wait, which form?

First form is easy, Annihilator --> Super Missle, run in the direction opposite it spins, then follow.
Second Form is meh, dull.  Toss around a couple Power Bombs here and there, problem solved.
Final Form isn't really hard himself, he is just hard to damage.  That core with its switch vulnerability and very small opening, definitely a pain.  He does give you free ammo, though, if you run low.  His attacks aren't all that hard to evade, either.  Personally, I'd say Metroid Prime (second form) was harder, because of minion spawn and invisibility.  That combo always bothers me.

Last form of Emperor Ing was the hardest.

Quadraxis is hard but I've had more trouble with the Boost Guardian
Report Spam   Logged

Mr.Domo
Member of orginization 13

You think you can pwn me think agian.

« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2008, 09:58:49 am »

Omega pirate wasn't hard for me I just blassted him UP.But after words my a button litterally POPPED out of the controler Witch is why I always get used cheap controlers, I am a button mashin' freak.
Report Spam   Logged

When the Boogieman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
Leonri
Crow Soldier

Enigmatic Man

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2008, 11:38:20 am »

Omega pirate wasn't hard for me I just blassted him UP.But after words my a button litterally POPPED out of the controler Witch is why I always get used cheap controlers, I am a button mashin' freak.

I have three controllers, all of them broken. Very annoying. First one is useable if you don't ever need to turn left, second the C-Stick came loose and R is perma stuck on the third (constant sheilding in Zelda Lips sealed)

I beat Omega Pirate on first try, and I'm only an average player. Only bosses I had trouble with in MP1 was Ridley and Metroid Prime. 
Report Spam   Logged

Obligatory FE9 quote:

"Don't worry about old Kieran! Just gotta take this axe out of my head.....Whoo that's sharp!" -Kieran/Rhys B support.
Mr.Domo

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2008, 12:26:05 pm »

Yea my main controller is a bad c-stick.
Report Spam   Logged

When the Boogieman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Outer space exists because it's afraid to be on the same planet with Chuck Norris.

TheAPERSON
Just try playing me
Global Moderator

THE Guitar Hero

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 06:55:06 am »

Could you get back on topic please?

Some of the bosses in Final Fantasy IV are hard, particularly the Lunasaur and Dark Bahamut.
Report Spam   Logged

Mr.Domo

« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 08:38:04 am »

*sits on the "Re: What's the hardest boss you've ever faced?"*

ok I am on teh topic.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum