Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 01:06:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best FE9/10 cavalier

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Poll
Question: Who pwns the most from horseback, whether it be with lance, axe, sword or bow
Oscar - 0 (0%)
Kieran - 2 (50%)
Astrid - 0 (0%)
Makalov - 0 (0%)
Titania - 1 (25%)
Geoffrey - 1 (25%)
Fiona - 0 (0%)
Renning - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best FE9/10 cavalier  (Read 512 times)
Swordsalmon

The Owlephant, destroyer of reason.

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 10:17:29 am »

Wouldn't it be the same though for experience if Titania didn't kill the first enemies since she gets 1 experience from killing them while someone else would get 30-45?

No, as the early-game enemies are typically two-rounded, while it takes about five turns for the first five chapters to gain maximum BEXP. Gaining 200 BEXP>45 CEXP.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 10:38:33 am »

Well...no SS. If you spent the time to defeat each enemy without Titania, it would be more exp, 7*45>200
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2009, 03:02:43 pm »

But the thing about trying to get max BEXP in a way prevents your weaker characters from gaining ample experience to survive the chapter called Despair and Hope. =P
Or at least in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Swordsalmon

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »

Well...no SS. If you spent the time to defeat each enemy without Titania, it would be more exp, 7*45>200

Except that also risks death of any of the weaker characters and is far less efficient. Also, BEXP can be given to any character, while CEXP is locked only to fighters. Finally, it deprives Titania of EXP, who's growing fairly fast.

But the thing about trying to get max BEXP in a way prevents your weaker characters from gaining ample experience to survive the chapter called Despair and Hope. =P

You have about 1200 BEXP right before Despair and Hope. If anything, it allows them to grow more powerful for the chapter. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 09:43:10 am »

Depriving Titania of 7 EXP isn't that big of a deal, and as previously stated, if you take the time and are careful, its not that major of a risk. The only important part of that response is the "BEXP can be given to any character" which is what I was thinking about. On the other hand, Ike, Boyd, Oscar end being some of your best and most important characters so a little EXP here and there doesn't hurt. So the question is at which point does CEXP become more valuable then BEXP?
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2009, 12:36:25 pm »

You have about 1200 BEXP right before Despair and Hope. If anything, it allows them to grow more powerful for the chapter. ^_^
Now I'm quite confused. I thought you couldn't access that base screen until AFTER the chapter?

Depriving Titania of 7 EXP isn't that big of a deal, and as previously stated, if you take the time and are careful, its not that major of a risk. The only important part of that response is the "BEXP can be given to any character" which is what I was thinking about. On the other hand, Ike, Boyd, Oscar end being some of your best and most important characters so a little EXP here and there doesn't hurt. So the question is at which point does CEXP become more valuable then BEXP?
The point when you have to use five BEXP to gain one CEXP. >.<
Report Spam   Logged

Swordsalmon

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 02:51:06 pm »

It deprives Titania of earning a level, which is more beneficial than giving Oscar or Ike a level. So yeah, it's weakening the team considerably.

Giving BEXP to other units is a massive benefit. Oscar and Ike can all gain the levels they 'lost' to Titania and Boyd from the BEXP, and it helps to raise underleveled but good characters such as Mist and Marcia. CEXP is never more valuable than BEXP, because it's more rare and gives less total EXP gain than BEXP.

Now I'm quite confused. I thought you couldn't access that base screen until AFTER the chapter?

The point when you have to use five BEXP to gain one CEXP. >.<

You get the base screen right at that chapter.

That's only incredibly late in the game where CEXP still is giving less from lower-leveled enemies.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 02:19:12 pm »

Errr 7 exp =/=deprivation of level
200+=deprivation of multiple level
On the other hand, multiple levels to Ike and Oscar early on, you can still easily raise Mist and Marcia via BEXP, and they can always use the EXP.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Swordsalmon

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 08:51:01 pm »

Errr 7 exp =/=deprivation of level
200+=deprivation of multiple level
On the other hand, multiple levels to Ike and Oscar early on, you can still easily raise Mist and Marcia via BEXP, and they can always use the EXP.

7 CEXP is still allowing Titania to develop.

Also, enemies for the first few chapters are low in number. Even if only Oscar and Ike killed them all, the total EXP gain would be far less than if Titania was used.

Just a few examples. Astrid and Makalov make good use of BEXP, and Zihark as well could use some.

BEXP is always better than CEXP. It has definite gains while CEXP is totally reliant on the character defeating the enemy.
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 10:54:44 pm »

The difference between CEXP and BEXP is that with CEXP you grow weapon levels. =D
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:49 pm »

Not really...

Not really again, it would be over a 100 less...(assuming accurate given numbers for BEXP by you CEPX from Erk and enemy number (which I know is right cause I looked it up) from me.)

Ugh, I can just not use Astrid, she's not that good either, even with Paragon she comes terribly low terribly low with a bow, if it was a sword/lance/axe or she came earlier....As for Zihark and Makalov there's plenty of BEXP, you just need to get them started.

More CEPX w/good vict chance for good units>less BEXP
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Swordsalmon

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 08:36:26 pm »

The difference between CEXP and BEXP is that with CEXP you grow weapon levels. =D

Except that weapon EXP is gained from promotion and still grows slowly. It's basically a non-factor.

Not really...

Not really again, it would be over a 100 less...(assuming accurate given numbers for BEXP by you CEPX from Erk and enemy number (which I know is right cause I looked it up) from me.)

Ugh, I can just not use Astrid, she's not that good either, even with Paragon she comes terribly low terribly low with a bow, if it was a sword/lance/axe or she came earlier....As for Zihark and Makalov there's plenty of BEXP, you just need to get them started.

What? I seriously have no idea what you're saying. But consider this, an average Chapter 1 playthrough. Boyd, Oscar, and Ike attack an enemy or two. One is defeated, and another weakened. Titania kills an enemy. The next turn, Titania kills boss, and another two enemies are killed. The final turn, Ike seizes the gate. Of course, the three defeated enemies give about 125 CEXP, the boss gives 25, and BEXP is 100. That's more total than wasting time feeding kills to Oscar and Ike.

Astrid is a fantastic unit. With Elite, she catches up extremely quickly and doesn't have to worry about durability with her pony and Bows. She gets an excellent and fast Makalov A, Sothe B, Axes after promotion, and good averages. One of the best characters in the game, easily.

Not really. Both need a total of about 800 BEXP to catch up, while wasting time for CEXP make both far weaker. Also, there's many other characters to consider, especially Staff-users, Ike, and Oscar.

No, because playing efficiency determines a unit's worth. Wasting turns to gain CEXP overall weakens the team and efficiency.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 08:59:49 pm »

Err, there are 6 normal enemies and 1 boss in chapter 1. That adds up to more EXP if you take the time with Oscar and Ike.

She just irks me, and is to annoyingly weak at first. She actually manage to die once before I could reach her even with a pony. (WTF?!?!?!)

You can definitely get away with less, and staff users aren't even that important, since for the majority of the game you can even stock your army with lots of healing items if you wish.

Accept if you actually read that you'd see that more EXP would be consolidated into less but great units, as opposed to less be shared around. It doesn't limit team efficiency, just team flexibility.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Saint Rhys
The Crimean Saint

Lv. 20 Saint

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 07:40:22 pm »

I'm voting for, Oscar. I have him as a Lv.20 Palidin and he is equiped with Sol. He is extremly poweful and almost inpossible to kill.
Report Spam   Logged
Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2009, 12:33:03 pm »

Except that weapon EXP is gained from promotion and still grows slowly. It's basically a non-factor.

Not really...

What? I seriously have no idea what you're saying. But consider this, an average Chapter 1 playthrough. Boyd, Oscar, and Ike attack an enemy or two. One is defeated, and another weakened. Titania kills an enemy. The next turn, Titania kills boss, and another two enemies are killed. The final turn, Ike seizes the gate. Of course, the three defeated enemies give about 125 CEXP, the boss gives 25, and BEXP is 100. That's more total than wasting time feeding kills to Oscar and Ike.
If you "wasted time" feeding kills, you would gain about 340 experience, as opposed to the 250 you would have from BEXP. Also, BEXP gets less valuable over time. You will continue to get about 30 EXP from killing an enemy at your level, but BEXP will help your characters less over time, since the max amount you gain is about the same through the chapters.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum