Best Of Three Worlds
April 17, 2024, 09:23:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar The Last Airbender.  (Read 181 times)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« on: July 18, 2008, 12:13:06 pm »

This anime is a great series to watch. Here soon though the series will be coming to a close as the final few episodes are being aired. This anime is becoming so popular, almost anyone wouldn't know what Avatar is. It has a very compelling story line, awesome matial arts fight scenes involving the four elements of water, earth fire, and air, and great characters. It is a rather long show that goes by chapters in books that tell of the Avatar's adventures and learning to bend the four elements to fight. During that time, he has to learn all four elements to fight the Fire Lord who is drawn on ruling the other nations and the world. I won't say too much more as I don't want to give away much on the show to those who haven't seen it, but if you have, come here to discuss Avatar The Last Airbender.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:34:21 pm »

Ah yeah, I've seen this before. It's pretty good.
But I don't think it falls under the category of anime? I thought it was an american produced cartoon.
=D It is good though. I just think it's a bit too cliched at times. The themes are kind of childish.
Report Spam   Logged

ozymand1as

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

It falls under anime for art type. I think that it's fairly decent considering what I originally expected out of it. The humor actually makes me laugh at times, but I have to agree with PT. It is a bit cliched and childish at times (but that would be their target audience).

I must also add that it was simply an American effort to tap into the growing anime market. They only partially succeeded in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 04:19:11 pm »

I like the funny wit of Uncle Iroh. Hes definetly a character to easily like. However, after watching most of the episodes, I do find there is a great deal of wisdom in it as well as crazy scenes. The ending movie for it will probably lack the childish parts seeing how it will be the end of the series and the conclusion of what will happen between Aang and the Fire Lord.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 07:22:24 pm »

Considering the main players are all kids, how can it not be childish?  It's like Tales of Symphonia for the first part of the game, 3 kids, 2 thinking adults, so the themes will be childlike for a bit.

It is an interesting series, though.

ZOMG, YOU KILLED THE AVATAR, jk.
Report Spam   Logged

ikes hero
Boop, boop, boop, beeep...SLAYER

Ha, now I look awesome, not lame with purple hair.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »

The movie was pretty good, well it's not really a movie, more of a series of four episodes. It sticks to the some of the childish themes, but the part with the lionturtle seemed a little random.
Report Spam   Logged

ozymand1as

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 09:55:01 pm »

I haven't watched the movie yet, so I really can't say much about it. And yes, Uncle Iroh is a great character.
Report Spam   Logged

ikes hero
Boop, boop, boop, beeep...SLAYER

Ha, now I look awesome, not lame with purple hair.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 01:17:38 pm »

Azula, what an...Interesting character...hmmm, maybe a wee bit crazy.
Report Spam   Logged

cretetts
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:24:14 pm »

It is the only anime that i have ever watched lol it is very good.
Report Spam   Logged

Cant wait for Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World!
PhoenixTears

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 08:32:47 am »

It is the only anime that i have ever watched lol it is very good.

Anime

Avatar is not considered an anime because of its American origin; one review has commented that "Avatar blurs the line between anime and (US) domestic cartoons until it becomes irrelevant."[35] Avatar has many features of anime, such as having a different color palette from other animated shows.[36]

Avatar creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino confirmed a particular anime influence in a magazine interview:

The best anime balances great action sequences with humor and emotion, something we try to do on Avatar. We love all the films of Hayao Miyazaki, especially Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Both movies deal with spirituality and the environment in an entertaining way. Also, there's a lot of great animation."[1]

According to an interview with the artists of Avatar, Appa's design was based on the Catbus in My Neighbor Totoro, due to the peculiar task of creating a mammal with six legs.[37]

Avatar draws inspiration from Shinichiro Watanabe's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo, as well as FLCL (Fooly Cooly) of Gainax.[38] Other various studios from which inspiration was drawn include Studio 4°C, Production I.G, and Studio Ghibli.[39] Bryan has commented that some of his most cherished Watanabe fight scenes were the fight between Bebop's Spike Spiegel and a drug smuggler in "Asteroid Blues," as well as the duel between Mugen and a blind female Jojutsu-user in the Champloo episode "Elegy of Entrapment (Verse 2)." Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy FLCL and watch every single episode of it."[31]

This is off wikipedia.
Please don't call it an anime.
Report Spam   Logged

cretetts
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 11:05:53 am »

Um alright
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 01:06:16 pm »

>_>
Sorry.
I get like that sometimes.
Yeah...anyways, not really anime or at least IMO.

Where have ya been cretetts?
Report Spam   Logged

cretetts
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 08:49:18 pm »

Well its summer so i will be away alot, but ill come on here as much as possible
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 08:41:07 pm »

I used to really like the show, but then we lost most of our cable so I can't watch it unless I go to a friends house. Water would be my fave element because it includes Ice, the best.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum