Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 05:48:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Humans

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Humans  (Read 274 times)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 03:37:04 pm »

Stupidity and evil are two totally different things. We can't really compare the two. Stupidity is basically just something humans do without thinking that sometimes gets them into unwanted trouble. Now evil....there are plenty of evil people in this world. Take the ones in jails sitting on death rows. I have seen true to life documentaires on some of them and they just...regret nothing they do. They take other lives of people without no remorse or commpassion. They hurt other people in ways that leaves the victims scarred forever. Where do we think bad hearts of people stems from....sheer evil. Its the will to commit murder and other hidious things that gives evil its meaning. I wish some humans didn't have such a black heart...but there are many that do...perhaps too many in this world.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 05:32:38 pm »

Revealing clothes is easy.  It is against the rules because it proves a distraction from education (especially for guys O_o).  Revealing clothes are an obstruction to the educational process, so the rule is to protect the right to education.

Even rules are based on protection.
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:20 pm »

Revealing clothes is easy.  It is against the rules because it proves a distraction from education (especially for guys O_o).  Revealing clothes are an obstruction to the educational process, so the rule is to protect the right to education.

Even rules are based on protection.
D= A wha?
Then look at the board not at girls in the classroom. >_>

It's the animal in us. =(
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2008, 08:38:33 pm »

typical nerd+girl view... just saying.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2008, 08:59:08 pm »

typical nerd+girl view... just saying.
... Actually, nerds are very perverted. You just don't happen to know nerds. And trust me on this, I got to a school of nerds. You don't wanna know the types of things they do/say.
Yes, it is the girl view though. Unless we're homo/bisexual.
Report Spam   Logged

Leonri
Crow Soldier

Enigmatic Man

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 06:56:53 am »

Perhaps being on this forum qualifies us all as nerds.....

I've been thinking a lot lately about a near-perfect government and have some ideas. Might post them when I have more time.....(it'll take up a lot of room  Tongue)
Report Spam   Logged

Obligatory FE9 quote:

"Don't worry about old Kieran! Just gotta take this axe out of my head.....Whoo that's sharp!" -Kieran/Rhys B support.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 10:13:29 am »

WHAT!?  LIES!  lol

Oooh, near-perfect. Oh, wait, Near<-----.
Meh, post em anyways, so we could destroy evaluate them.

Just explaining the reasoning of the rule, not what people should do.  If people did what they should, we wouldn't need stop signs to tell people to stop and check for other drivers.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 10:16:20 am »

haha.  Basically give the guidlines of the government (for instance we have three branches of govt. , each branch acts like a check and balance for the others, ect. ect.).  I'm sure we'll be able to destroy err evaluate them well.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Leonri
Crow Soldier

Enigmatic Man

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 09:53:06 am »

I've never found centralization to be benificial in a government and my thought-world reflects that.

Now basically my near-perfect thought-world has no real countries. What landmasses people live on dosen't really affect the way they're governed. The world is made up of semi-independant city-states. Their is also a planet wide general governing body but this is weak and does not interfere much with day to day living. It ensures basic rights and freedoms for the population. It can also, if it judges there is a great enough need (major recession, natural catastrophe etc.) , raise emergency funds for a particular struggling city from other city-states.

The individual states have a greater power. They provide basic services to it's inhabitants (medical, transport etc.) and maintains a police force. It mainly cocerns itself with trade/economic factors. The cities are led by a team of eight. Seven are in charge of the running of the city and the eighth is a representative of the city to the world. The council is chosen every number of years by the vote of the citizens. A group of people, chosen randomly from different walks of life, pick the contenders for council hood. They must be a citizen in good standing, with experience in the particular field. For example, a person chosen to run for Counciller for Economics must have been a high ranking merchant/ economist for a number of years. Three or four people are chosen to run for each chair in the council and they are decided by a popular vote of the citizens. The voters are given extensive information on the contenders to help the decision. The elcted concil then choose the minor beurocrats and officials to deal with specific things.

Now at any time the citizens can affect the government. If they are unhappy with one or all of the councillers they can force a by-election. They must get the signatures of 20% of the population first to do this. Also they can send in suggestions/complaints to the government which will be evaluated and can be acted on if they choose to. Now the eightth counciller, represents the city to the planet-wide government. Out of these, a number are randomly chosen to be on this planetary governing body. The people are changed regularly. This board, when it deems it necessary, can call together a meeting of all the cities. This board has special powers and is only called in times of emergency. They can, with an overwhelming majority vote dissolve the government of a particular state if they're extremely unhappy with it. They can also pass new over-laws (one affecting all states).

There, whew.....since I can't type that took me years! This is only a rough idea and I haven't even thought about a monetary/economic system.....Give you're thoughts and criticism.
Report Spam   Logged

Obligatory FE9 quote:

"Don't worry about old Kieran! Just gotta take this axe out of my head.....Whoo that's sharp!" -Kieran/Rhys B support.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2008, 10:46:03 am »

Sounds like Greece except on a bigger scale.

Problems are no one will want to help each other.  You are making everything small scale with city states, so why should someone in one city state care for another if they are barely connected.  It is like the colonies of the US, they were hardly united at first.  Why should we help them?  They are wherever, and why would they help me?  Etc.

Of course, this isn't a problem with the government, this is a problem with the people.

All in all, lack of unity would lead to the downfall of this organization method, or at least hamper it greatly.

Also, when states have more power than the government, the government can't do its job properly, and we've found that a government must be strong in order to function.  You essentially bring government back to individual cities.  VERY BAD!

I do like the vote of no confidence like thing though.

It would be impossible for this weak pseudo-gov't to raise money, it is too weak to make anyone give money.

NEXT lolz.  or someone else can destroy *cough* evaluate this.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2008, 05:27:45 pm »

Hey I didn't get to dest- evaluate yet!

Well Kiro pointed out a lot so I'd only really like to add something:

Council members should not be originally picked by 'random people from different walks of life' then voted upon.  My main suggestion here: just let anyone run who meets basic parameters.
With only 20% needed to start a vote of no confidence, the govt. would constantly be interrupted.  A much higher number would be needed.
At least 40% I would say, because with 20%, 80% could like the current leaders.

Overall this government gives to much power to the states, will be constantly interrupted, and allows for inner turmoil.

"Thank-you, Come again!"
-Apu

Anyone else like to be evaluated?
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Leonri
Crow Soldier

Enigmatic Man

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2008, 09:58:30 am »

Well Kiro pointed out a lot so I'd only really like to add something:
Council members should not be originally picked by 'random people from different walks of life' then voted upon.  My main suggestion here: just let anyone run who meets basic parameters.
With only 20% needed to start a vote of no confidence, the govt. would constantly be interrupted.  A much higher number would be needed.
At least 40% I would say, because with 20%, 80% could like the current leaders.
Overall this government gives to much power to the states, will be constantly interrupted, and allows for inner turmoil.

The potential leaders are picked this way because it eliminates power-hungry politicians rising to the top. Anyone who wants to be in power dosen't deserve it. I'm pretty sure this was said by a wise man sometime.
And I just picked the percentage at random, so it can be changed.

As for Kiroshima, the cities will be linked by strong trade-bonds. What affects one will affect all. Okay, it does invove a little patriotism and working for the good of the planet as a whole but not that much. If they think about it, helping the other states is fundamental to their survival. Nio one state could survive long completely isolated.

Yes I do give power to individual states and little to the over-all government. The planet-wide body does not have much power but also little responsibility. It has very little to do with day to day running of the planet. Why is more power given to smaller areas bad?

Post you're own ideas, please.
Report Spam   Logged

Obligatory FE9 quote:

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2008, 11:20:05 am »

And anyone who doesn't want power is a bad leader.  Having a random group choose those first able to run could erratically change the direction of the government, and anyway who would pick the group? The government.
(the % was for the most part- a suggestion)
Why is giving power to smaller areas bad?  Lets look at the American colonies.  They were at each others throats. It was until the federal government had more power that they were more united.  Strong trade bonds? hah.  Basically the word 'world' in that post made that idea fail.  It would work better in a smaller area, say a country.  Then again thats true for all governments.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum