Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 06:28:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Realm of Gaming

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Realm of Gaming  (Read 207 times)
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« on: June 21, 2008, 01:57:21 pm »

I have a personal website (with portfolio too) and a link in it to my forums.  I consider the forums inactive, at best, and I can't update the website since I'm out of school (it was done in ROP Web Design class).  But hey, you can check it out just to see what I can do with Dreamweaver (website creation program).  Just remember to use the drop down lists for all the links.

http://169.199.159.130/localuser/8p725/index.html

Welcome to the Realm of Gaming!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 02:32:28 pm »

Wait... so this isn't off a forum thing? O_o
Nice, personal webspace?
Well, I'm not interested in joining, but I'd be interested in making you a new layout (the colors you're using now can kill the eyes)

EDIT: Are you using frames on that site?
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:10:24 pm »

I used a template that uses a big table.  Technically I made my own template, though. (W00t save as template!)

I like blue... lol.  BLUEEEEEEE O_o

Well, there is a forum link there too, but the website itself is completely made through Dreamweaver, and I have no access to the server it is hosted on currently. (School ROP program's server)
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 03:35:12 pm »

Interesting. Is FETLS going to be an actual game, or is this just an idea? And can you explain it in easier terms than the website?
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2008, 10:51:59 pm »

It IS AN actual map on Age of Mythology Titans that I am making.  I've got about...say...10 levels down.

Fire Emblem: The Last Stand is basically a fortress defense map, where about 25 waves of enemies (some of which are bosses) constantly try to break through the gates and destroy the city.  There are four zones of attack, each with unique units, but also four defending players.  Each player chooses their main hero (a 3rd tier class), of which there are 6 choices.  Then they head into the city, and have 2 minutes before the enemies spawn and attack.  Each wave gets progressively harder, so knowing what units are good vs what is important.  I couldn't simulate a weapon's triangle, so I had to make do with the unit triangle already built in, which is Infantry>Cavalry>Archers>Infantry.  Some units break the triangle.

I kinda stopped though, because of school, but now that school is out, I can get back to development.  I have tons of notes down in my Graph Book (Yeah, a graph book xD) that tell everything I'm going to do.  However, triggers take A LONG time to do.  Seriously, especially one's for players, because you have to copy, change the targets/players affected, check the conditions, etc.

My basic storyline is that the Fire Emblem is hidden within the castle, but the players don't know about it, but the main bad guy does, and in hopes of attaining power/immortality (w/e lol), but after about wave 20 (boss wave vs the main bad guy), he is killed by the very god he ressurects, and the players must endure 4-5 VERY tough waves, often having advanced units/monsters, and even the last few waves are old bosses.

Lots of ways to play.  There are a multitude of things to buy, and of course, a strategy of defeating all the foes coming your way.  Spamming archers repeatedy won't get you anywhere once you meet high Pierce Defense enemies.

WHOO HOO, lots of explaining.  I'll throw in mister final boss just because you probably don't have AOMT.

~!WARNING, BOSS CHARACTER APPROACHING!~

The Dark God: Vahjrak
HP: 25000 O_o
Crush Attack (Magic): 75
Hack Attack (Non archer type physical): 350
Armor: 75% reduction of Hack/Pierce
Crush Armor (Resistance): 25% reduction {strategy: he is weak to mage type units, MAGE HIM}
His abilities!
Horrid Visage: Every second nearby enemies take X damage (Don't know how much yet)
Tremor:  Send non-heroes flying with a massive slam.
Raging Heat: Damage foes with the flames of the abyss.
Chaos:  Enemies are instilled with chaos, fighting friend and foe alike.  (AKA confusion)
Greater Summoning: Summon a powerful fire giant (or more than 1) to help fight enemies.
Dark Animation: Animate old bosses to fight enemies.

Hard, oh yeah, big time.  All stats are subject to change based on ease/difficulty.  (I haven't got that far yet lol)

Breath in, breath out.  There ya go.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:27:08 am »

Oh, so its not an FE game? Not really interested anymore, no offense. I used to play AoE 2 a lot, but was never really interested in AoM.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 02:54:47 pm »

Oh, lol, no, it isn't a FE game.  I just based it off FE.

AOM(T) > AOE any.  More options, better map design, better combat system, higher pop max O_o.  Oh, and of course, god powers =P,
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 05:34:36 pm »

AoE 3 was really good with the home city option. Made some point to the random maps, I liked it.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 09:22:02 pm »

AoE3> (barly over AoMT>any other AoE (dur).
Both were great, but AoE3 took completly over with the Asian expansion
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 09:40:23 pm »

AoE3> (barly over AoMT>any other AoE (dur).
Both were great, but AoE3 took completly over with the Asian expansion
=D Asian ftw?

Well, yeah. Um... then Kiro, want me to make a template for you to use when you get back to school?
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 11:23:25 pm »

I like my template T_T.  I like blue and it looks fine, lol.  A nice dark color, contrasted with a bright font.

Well, I heard AOE3 is pretty lame online, and its editor isn't that great. 
Besides, it isn't the gameplay, it is the tradition lol.  If I wanted a Civilization type game, I'd get Civilization for all eras of the world.

They need an AOM2 with some kind of Asian civ.  Japan, anyone?  Although, China would work too. 
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 08:01:35 am »

I like my template T_T.  I like blue and it looks fine, lol.  A nice dark color, contrasted with a bright font.
Then you don't seem to understand DESIGN, where you can't have such a dark color contrasting with a bright font.
Are you using pure blue?
>_> Just telling you, because if it hurts my eyes, it'll hurt some other people's too.

They need an AOM2 with some kind of Asian civ.  Japan, anyone?  Although, China would work too. 
T_T And never korean.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:24 pm »

You're supposed to contrast the background with the font, because if the font is just as dark/bright as the background, you can't read it.  That is why you use Black with White, or Blue and Red works too.  Or blue and white. 

More or less pure blue, the color code was like 0000FF or something like that.

Well, I don't know anything about Korea's mythology...
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 01:45:38 pm »

You're supposed to contrast the background with the font, because if the font is just as dark/bright as the background, you can't read it.  That is why you use Black with White, or Blue and Red works too.  Or blue and white. 

More or less pure blue, the color code was like 0000FF or something like that.
Ugh... well, unless you are using black and white (And even then sometime black and white doesn't work so well either.), pure color contrasting WILL NOT WORK because the sharpness of contrast can and will hurt some people eyes (because our eyes are sensitive).
You like the color blue? Then theme it. Choose a variety of shades. Pure colors are hard to work with and are never easy on the eyes.

Well, I don't know anything about Korea's mythology...
Uh.... I'm sure you can wiki for it. O_o
If not, I could tell you some.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 01:47:19 pm »

Doesn't hurt my eyes... although the red at the top is a tad annoying (Blue+red doesn't = good)
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum