Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 08:58:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The BEST movie I had ever seen....

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The BEST movie I had ever seen....  (Read 252 times)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« on: June 14, 2008, 09:23:46 pm »

I have just recently seen this movie called "Powder." I will say this...it is the best movie I have seen thus far. It was done back in 1995. The movie is about this boy who's mother was struck by lightning before he was born. The energy went through his mom and into him and he managed to survive. His skin was as white as powder...that was his nickname even. He also had the ability to conduct lightning. He was very special boy with very unique abilities. Because of this...he was misunderstood, mocked, called bad names...yet...through it all, he remained nice and forgave the ones who did him wrong. This movie brings God into it as portrayed in the movie...Powder was sent by God to do God's work, which Powder did very well. He had always been afraid of storms, but at the end...I won't say much more as you'd have to see this great movie for yourself. I would give it a 5 star rating. Smiley

Thing is...in many apsects...I am just like Powder. Although I do not have a power such as he had in the movie...everything else about him...is like me. I guess thats why I like the movie so much...because the main character Powder relates to me.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 08:44:13 am »

Hmmmm,is this topic supposed to be about Powder or about our favorite movie. I'll assume that its about our favorite movie and state my own.

My favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings The Return of the King. The Lord of the Rings has been my favorite book ever since I read it, though it may soon be usurped by Pendragon. The characters, plot, setting, and the fact that Tolkien created his own languages complete with grammar structure, alphabet, and the ability to speak it in real life. Peter Jackson did an excellent job of making all three movies, and the only disappointing thing about this one is that it is the end.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:30 pm »

Its about both. You can say the best movie you've seen and talk about it.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 02:49:59 pm »

^^Pendragon is pretty good.
well movies...lots of faves here...
LOTR Return of the King-Best of the triology and the triology is great
Iron Man-amazing. just amazing
SW overall
Rush Hour (all of them)-so funnnnnny
Pirates of the Carribean (1st is fave)-1st one is the lightest and funniest
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-me and my freind must of watched this over 20 times...
And the list persists...however I can say my biggest dissapointments were Earagon, way to much was cut and the director took to many freedoms (I don't know how the can even make the second book into a movie now Tongue, although it was good) and the most recent Idiana Jones, although it was good it seemed kinda not very Jonesy...
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 04:37:15 pm »

The Eragon movie sucked. I didn't even know the dwarves were in it until my friend with the 2 DVD set told me.
Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 05:07:11 pm »

haha. Yes. The eragon movie was horrible. But then again, there's also Anti-shurtugal. Might kill some of you Eragon fans, but I found it pretty interesting on what they had to say. If you don't know what it is, click on the word, I've made it a link.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:22:09 am »

I wouldn't say it was bad...I mean it was a huge disappointment, but I'm sure if you hadn't read the book it would've been better.  It was OK overall.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 06:21:04 pm »

I wouldn't say it was bad...I mean it was a huge disappointment, but I'm sure if you hadn't read the book it would've been better.  It was OK overall.
(Lulz, did you read the anti-shurtugal?)
=/ I don't know I found the movie to be horrible. I mean... come on. Arya dissappointed, Eragon disappointed, MURTAGH, disappointed. Every character, I say, they protrayed very incorrectly.
And the battle scenes were too dark. I couldn't even see anything in the movie theater (Also, DURZA was definitely big disappointment).
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 06:39:40 pm »

Like I said, HUGE dissapointment, but was probably pretty good if you didn't read the book Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 08:00:56 pm »

Ughhh, my likeing of Eragon is about 1/4 now that I've read Anti-Shurtugal. I'm not sure whether I should be mad at you or thank you. Oh well, I still have Tolkien, Machale and Rowling to satisfy me.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 08:33:30 pm »

*read some of it* I think it made me sick.
1 It is very flawwed basing facts off our history (ie, whenever he compares things to medieval times)
2 he has never held a real sword Tongue maybe a battle knife but not a real sword Tongue
Although the part about the empire not being evil...well the King is evil...wait that the other guy...hmmm well I don't know.  Actually it be kinda of cool to see Earagon turn around on the Varden and the elves in the 3rd book =P
3 they complain about consitency but in their argument about the empire not being an empire they are inconsistent too Tongue saying that the empire influences no other ethnic group, but then goes on about their dealings with Urgals Tongue
I knew most of the general already.  Personally I think anybody who wants to take down a book that bad needs to see someone Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
PhoenixTears

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 08:54:35 pm »

*read some of it* I think it made me sick.
1 It is very flawwed basing facts off our history (ie, whenever he compares things to medieval times)
2 he has never held a real sword Tongue maybe a battle knife but not a real sword Tongue
Although the part about the empire not being evil...well the King is evil...wait that the other guy...hmmm well I don't know.  Actually it be kinda of cool to see Earagon turn around on the Varden and the elves in the 3rd book =P
3 they complain about consitency but in their argument about the empire not being an empire they are inconsistent too Tongue saying that the empire influences no other ethnic group, but then goes on about their dealings with Urgals Tongue
I knew most of the general already.  Personally I think anybody who wants to take down a book that bad needs to see someone Tongue
XD Well, I kinda don't know what you're talking about, since you have to be mentioning some things that I haven't read (I was an avid Eragon fan before this), but the article on Arya made me rethink things a bit. (They noticed stuff that I would have never noticed O_o And it made me rethink my character schemes as well.)

Ughhh, my likeing of Eragon is about 1/4 now that I've read Anti-Shurtugal. I'm not sure whether I should be mad at you or thank you. Oh well, I still have Tolkien, Machale and Rowling to satisfy me.
Meh. When I read Eragon, my friend had already read it. He kept saying it was bad (But then again, I always think (thought?) that this friend was little crazy at times.) and that it was something anybody can think up. (Now I think this too, but I find it hard to execute. =P)
I agree with Anti Shurtugal up to some points.... actually, most of what I read. I was kind of not agreeing with parts about Brom's character, that he was some sort of mentor that just dies a tragic death in the book. But stuff about Murtagh, Arya, the elves... yeah, I agree. =P

Alright... moving slightly back to topic...
I can't really honestly call any movie I've seen as the best. Some were really good special effect wise, others because of good premise or story, and other just because I like the book maybe it was based off. (Aka, Harry Potter, but only about the first two movies. After that, I lost interest.)
Hrm... I don't know. I've yet to experience a lot of movies as well, since I'm not really a movie going person.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »

*thank god she said back to topic and didn't start a debate Tongue*
Haha I thought the third Harry Potter was the best =P
Yea theres a lot of movies I wish I saw
Jumper
I am Legend
More...
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
PhoenixTears

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 09:34:25 pm »

*thank god she said back to topic and didn't start a debate Tongue*
Haha I thought the third Harry Potter was the best =P
Yea theres a lot of movies I wish I saw
Jumper
I am Legend
More...
Honestly, the best way for me to learn things is to indulge myself into a debate. =3
Hrm... XD Will Smith is the funniest man to every live (Or at the least a really funny one)
Report Spam   Logged

Trent
The Enigmatic Fact Cat

I pwn on teh webz

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 11:19:01 pm »

My favorite movie is either Iron Man or Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. Both were amazing and are definently worthy of the title.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum