Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 06:21:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

My story (no name, ignore weird code bits if you see any)

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My story (no name, ignore weird code bits if you see any)  (Read 121 times)
Tareo

« on: May 18, 2008, 08:45:33 pm »

Prologue

Hi, my name is Viren. I'm a... traveller of sorts. I map the uncharted sectors in this galaxy. Yeah, I know you're laughing at me. Only the mad scientist Angeran was crazy enough to believe that there was life on other planets. Well, at least he knew he was right. So did everyone else, after pirates completely and utterly wiped them, and human history itself from the planet. However, they did not wipe out Angeran, his family, and a few people he managed to convince. He then started a crew to map the galaxy for other species to help him hunt and destroy the pirates that killed the humans. Unfortunately, the pirates struck again. This time, Angeran did not survive. The attack was unpredicted, impossible to avoid. Nearly the entire colony was eliminated in a violent bloodbath. The only survivors were the children, who happened to be scouting the planet the ship was in orbit of. Angeran's child was among them. Hearing the cries of the victims, Angeran sent a message to his child and the leaders of the party to stay away. This was his last act. He was slaughtered, and his child listened in horror as the pirates cut him down. The pirates then discovered the signal that had been sent and a squadron of them arrived on the planet shortly afterwards. There the children were massacred mercilessly. The pirates, their job done, moved on and continued their bloodthirsty pillaging and leaving earth to rot. It was only a few years later that the drifting ship that Angeran had used as his base drifted in the sights of another planet and was collected. The late scientists speculations, plans and inventions, were collected by the 'aliens,' who called themselves 'Mayons,' and they were salvaged and archived.
I, who happened to be the librarian (the lowest job there is, mind) was the one in charge of archiving the documents and to package the weapons. I have to admit, I was curious seeing as I was a human myself (My parents arrived a few years after the massacre. They said that they had hidden during the killings, and took a shuttle to this planet, Mayon, intending to live their life somewhere else and to forget their past. Fortunately, the Mayons accepted them, and they soon had me. We were never be a part of society, kind of regarded as a test case. Which is why we lived on simple food, wore simple clothing and only had the lowest jobs).
Well, I'm rambling. To cut a long story short, after reading the scientist documents I decided that when I came of age to continue with his work. The universe is too full of darkness, mystery and fear. I 'borrowed' some of the scientists technology, built myself a little something that's come in handy a few times since and packed my bags. The only problem I had then was transport. My parents were weary, and so had given up the right to leave their area, the Lower Level. They did not have access to anything other than food and water, the necessary resources. Luckily for me, I did sneak aboard a freighter on course for the nearest orbital shuttle port. I guess I should start my story from there, now that I've skipped the unnecessary..
So there I was, hiding.. well, sleeping, in the back of the freighter (unmanned, yeah, it's amazing what this planet has compared to many others) with a couple of bags, some food, and a crude weapon, one of Angeran's first designs..

Mayon Space Port

Viren Kea woke slowly, groaning as he realized his muscles had seized up. Without getting up, he glanced around the cold storage room he was lying in through eyes almost gummed together by sleep. The walls were shaking slowly and there was a soft humming sound in the air. Next to him were a few metal crates marked 'Supplies', probably for the orbital colonies and defensive stations. Since before Viren was born, the planet had been on red alert for attacks by pirates and meteor storms. The meteor storms were caused by rubble from earth and earth’s moon, that had drifted slowly over to this planet for more than twenty years. Viren had had many a time at home of hiding in the bomb shelter when a particularly fierce barrage hit. His stomach lurched as he thought of home, and his parents. He had only left the day before, but already memories of their final teary goodbye were drifting through his mind.
Viren's mother had smiled sadly as she hugged him tightly. 'Visit sometime.' She whispered, letting go and holding his shoulders, looking into his eyes. Verin smiled and nodded, blinking back tears.
'I will..' he promised, and picked up his bags.
'Viren...'
Viren turned, as his father spoke. 'Yes?'
His father had started to say something, but seemed to change his mind. He held out his hand. 'Goodbye, son.'
Viren smiled, shook his fathers hand, and without another moments hesitation, opened the door and stepped out into the cold night.

A sharp beeping shocked him out of his reminiscence. Jumping up and looking around wildly, he noticed that the walls had stopped shaking and the soft humming noise had faded away. Touching his weapon, Viren crouched behind a crate as clanging noises came from the sliding air lock. The door opened with a hiss, and a metallic orange arm reached in and grabbed the nearest crate with a claw-like hand. Viren's shoulders relaxed. It was just a programmed drone. It meant that they were programmed just to lift boxes, and not to recognize anything else. He could sneak out after it had finished.
Viren squatted back behind the box and put his backpack on the ground. He rummaged through it for a while before emerging with a nutrient bar. He made a face. He hated these. They had no flavor, and were usually crunched up into other meals as a base. However, it was all he had, so he unwrapped it and took a bite. Bland.
He stayed there for a few minutes until the bar was gone, and decided to see if the coast was clear. He poked his head around the box. There was no one in sight, so he got up and jumped out of the freighter. He crept stealthily towards the electronic door marked 'Loading Bay.'
'Hey!'
'Damn.' Viren turned around to see a Security Drone and a Mayon enforcer striding towards him and holding out their weapons, gray pistols with green energy cells clipped into the bottom. Viren quickly hid his gun behind his back and tried to look innocent.
'Drop any weapons you are holding.' The Drone said in the emotionless buzz that all meshes used to communicate, pointing the gun in Vireos direction.
The Mayon was close behind him, but lowered his gun when he saw Viren. 'Relax, it's just a kid. How'd you get here? This is a restricted area.'
Viren grinned, showing a type of fear little kids show when they're caught stealing from the cookie jar. 'Uh, I think I got lost..' he said uncertainly, whilst casually pocketing his weapon.
The Mayon looked slightly sympathetic. 'I have the same trouble sometimes, kid. This place sure is a maze.' He turned to the mech. 'What'll we do with him?'
The drone buzzed. 'The computer informs me that he is an unauthorized area,' it reported. 'All weapons must be surrendered and he must submit to a search.'
'Ah come on,' the Mayon said with a grin. 'He doesn't look like a pirate.' He turned to Viren. 'Come with us, kid.'
Viren followed the pair down the hallway, feeling relieved. It must be this guys first day, he thought wryly.
The Mayon led him to a door with a red Exit sign painted on the door and turned to face him. 'Just through here and you'll be in the port. However next time I see you back here, I won't be so lenient.' The guy grinned and motioned to his partner. 'Let's go.'
Viren heaved a sigh of relief when they'd walked around the corner and out of sight. Close one. He leaned against the door, and could faintly hear the excited buzz of many aliens and robots, each waiting for their flight to one of the seven orbital colonies, or even a planet in the system.
Viren looked at his watch. It read five o'clock. 'Well,' he muttered. 'Better get going.'

Saron looked at her watch again impatiently. 'They're late!' she said frantically. 'They were supposed to be here ages ago!'
'Relax,' said the boy standing next to her, a tall and thin youth wearing body armor and a rifle strapped to his back. He was chewing on a nutrient bar with apparent enjoyment, despite the bland taste. 'They're not that late.'
Saron rounded on him angrily. 'So, what, two hours is not what you'd consider late?!'
'Nope.' The boy shoved the rest of the bar in his mouth greedily.
Saron eyed him with disgust. 'You're such a pig, Resky.'
The boy Resky shrugged, and pulled out another bar from his pocket. 'There's nothin' else to do here than eat. I'm making use of my time. Maybe if you did too you wouldn't be so stressed.'
'He's right, Saron,' said a voice from behind them. 'Maybe you should have some herbal tea.'
Saron spun around and scowled at the long haired boy standing behind them with a dreamy look on his face.
'Tareo,' she spat through clenched teeth. 'I told you to stay by the ship.'
The boy shrugged. 'It's not going anywhere without me.'
Saron growled with anger. 'I'm surrounded by idiots!'
She spun around again, eyes frantically searching the crowd. Tareo walked slowly over to her and stood beside them, slowly chewing on something. He squinted, looking over by the large slider door at the back of the hanger. 'Hey, isn't that a human?'
'No.' Saron said, irritably. She did not look around.
'No, it is,' Tareo insisted. 'It's got a nose, like you two.' Resky walked over to him and squinted as well.
'You've got a nose.' He stated, swallowing another bite.
Tareo laughed. 'Yes, but there isn't many like me around here, you know. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the mark.' He pointed at the tattoo on his bare shoulder.
Saron sighed. 'Where is this 'human'?'
Tareo pointed, and she followed his finger. There was indeed a red haired human, or humanoid, walking quietly behind a group of Stralengo tourists, who were chattering loudly. As she watched, one of them turned suddenly and crashed into the kid, who fell over onto another Stralengo. The alien made a angry sound, and the kid seemed to apologize, but another alien had crept up behind him.
'Guys,' Resky said hesitantly. 'I think we've got a problem.'
Saron crossed her arms. 'They always want to make trouble..'
Tareo looked at her. 'Aren't you gonna help him?'
'No,' Saron said defensively. 'I won't just go around saving all the humanoids just in case they're one of an extinct race.' She snorted. 'Otherwise I'd be stuck with about ten more idiots like you two.'
Tareo look hurt. 'I'm not an idiot.' He said quietly.
Saron seemed to regret her outburst. 'You're right,' She said softly, 'You're not..' She looked over at the red haired kid, and with a sinking feeling she realized that the Stralengo's had pulled out weapons, and there wasn't an enforcer in sight. She sighed. 'I'm probably gonna regret this. Resky, sniper.'
Resky started, but unstrapped the gun at his back and handed it to her. She put her eye to the sight, and aimed between the kid and the alien closest to him. Her finger gripped the rubber handle as she took careful aim, and let loose with a single short burst.

Viren backed away from the large alien who was brandishing a laser cutter threateningly. 'Look, I don't want any trouble,' he began, stepping back, but one of the Stralengo's put out its clawed foot and he tripped, falling over onto another alien. His nose was filled with the stench of rotting meat and almost gagged, but quickly pulled himself together as the Stralengo who tripped him lifted him by his collar and held him against its body, cutter around his throat. It garbled something in Stralengian, threateningly. Viren tried to speak, but it was crushing his throat and all he managed was an air-deprived wheeze. He was starting to see black swarming at the edges of his vision. What a way to die, he thought, just as a power charge slice through the air, past his ear and into the shoulder of the Stralengo holding him. It let go with a roar, and Viren fell to the ground, stunned. There was a lot of commotion above him, above it rang a female voice.
'Next shot will be right in the eye, so keep back if you know what's good for you!'
The Stralengo screeched and another shot slammed into the ground near Virens head, hot concrete shards flew up and rained down on him. He covered his face with his arms, the movement flipping his gun out from his pocket and skidding across the floor.
Absolute chaos reigned; hysterics fled in every direction and somewhere an alarm started to whine.
Viren felt something tap his shoulder; he compulsively tightened his grip on his head.
'Get up!' The female voice said loudly, 'The enforcers will be here any second! You gotta get out of here!'
Viren opened his eyes and released his grip. He lifted his head to see a blonde girl of around seventeen with her hair tied back, wearing bulky body armour and holding a large rifle. She scowled and twisted the handle on the side of the weapon, releasing the spent cartridge and loading a new one. 'What are you waiting for? Come on!'
Viren got up shakily, and looked around for his gun. Someone tapped his shoulder and he looked around to see a small boy of maybe fourteen, with shoulder length brown hair, green eyes and wearing heavy body armour over an orange jumpsuit without arms, revealing a tattoo on his right shoulder. He handed Viren his gun. 'I picked it up, hurry otherwise the guys will arrest you.'
Viren took the gun with a murmured word of thanks and pocketed his weapon. He followed the pair to the exit, where a tall boy of maybe sixteen was waiting. The teen held out his hand expectantly and the girl handed him the rifle. He turned and led the group down the corridor amidst all the screaming and running. A few minutes later, Viren could hear a electronically magnified voice over the noise, 'Seal all exits. All remaining citizens must report to the main computer for questioning.'
Viren heaved a sigh of relief when they stepped outside, but the trouble was not over yet. A familiar droning began out of the loudspeakers, rising and falling. His worst fears were confirmed when the girl said 'No, not a meteor shower now!'
The older boy beside her moaned. He had gone white and he was trembling violently. The smaller boy put an arm around his shoulders.
'Don't worry,' he said comfortingly. 'It's not far now.' The girl motioned them to turn right down an alleyway just as a security drone floated past. They hurried down between the two buildings and ahead Viren could see a small and battered freighter waiting, parked on a suspended landing platform. Below whirred all the machinery that kept the shuttle port in orbit. They headed toward it, but just as they reached the platform, the older boy tripped, fell sideways and hit the glass wall that ran around the edge of the platform. It shattered on contact, and the boy fell over the side.
The girl shrieked and made a desperate grab at his wrist. She just managed to grab onto it and held on desperately. Viren could hear her shouting over the alarm whine, the banging of machinery below them and the soft clunk as the smaller pieces of debris fell from the sky. Behind him, the smaller boy had run up to the air lock of the freighter, and was typing a keycode into the pad at the side. The door opened with a hiss, and the boy turned to Viren. 'Get in,' he said urgently. 'I'll help them, you get in!' Viren looked his small frame doubtfully, but a particulary large rock flew past his ear and smashed into the ground, flinging molten rock and metal into the air, and he quickly hurried towards the opened door. A shrill scream made him pause and turn around. The girl was slowly being dragged towards the edge and the machinery whirring below her.
'I can't hold him!' she cried frantically. She gave one last fruitless tug before she too slipped over the edge. The small boy shouted something, and lunged towards them, and just managed to grab the girls arm before she completely vanished. For a moment they continued to fall, and Viren thought to himself, that kid isn't strong enough, they're all done for. A flash made him look away; one of the lights on the pad had been hit by a rock, and let out a magnesium flare. The boy cried out, covering his eyes with his free hand. Viren gasped as he saw the small boy managing to hold onto the girls wrist and lodge himself at the edge. Without his vision, they boy couldn't do anything but hold on. Suddenly Viren fell backwards in agony, hand over one of his eyes, blood streaming down his cheek. A piece of shrapnel from a building or light had broke of by the force of a large boulder slamming down, and had slashed its way into his retina. Through the amazing amount of pain, all he could do was cry out for someone, anyone to help them.
His cry was answered, with a green blur that flew over his head towards the boy desperately hanging on at the edge. The blur seemed to pause in front of the boy, and suddenly there was another humanoid leaning over the side. The pain by this time had become too intense, and Viren fainted.

Saron screamed as the entire structure moved a couple of inches. Her hand slipped on Reskys wrist, and he started to fall. She screamed again. 'I've lost Resky! Tareo! Quick, lower me!'
'I can't,' came the hysteric reply. 'I can't see, everything went black!'
Saron's stomach lurched as she felt Tareo's hold on her hand slip; her hand was drenched in sweat. It wouldn't take much for him to accidentally let go. And all for this kid! she thought in a daze.
Suddenly there was a flash of green, and a face appeared next to Tareo's. 'Need a hand?'
'Where the hell have you been?!' Saron screamed up at her pilot, Denfan.
He grinned, 'You know I can't resist talkin' to the ladies.' His grin quickly vanished, to be replaced with a look of fierce determination, and he reached down to grab Saron. His hand closed around her wrist tightly, and there was a crash behind them, and the groan of bending metal. Saron smelled smoke. 'The structure's on fire!' she screamed.
Denfans face was grim. 'Not only on fire.' There was another groan and the whole pad moved another couple of inches. 'It was weakened by the storm, it's collapsing!'
Saron felt Denfan lift her a bit higher. 'You've got to get to the ship!' he yelled. 'I'll get Resky, you get Tareo and get to the ship!'
Behind him, the red haired kid gave a scream and fell backwards. Saron could see scarlet. 'Quick,' she yelled. 'Lift me up, I gotta get the ship going!'
He complied, heaving her up, and she got a grip on the sharp edge of the platform. Denfan wasted no more time; with a quick leap he jumped over the edge and became the green blur again. Saron lifted up Tareo and balanced him on her shoulder and ran towards the ship. She placed him down beside the door and hurried back outside for the kid they had rescued. He had fainted; there was bright red blood over his hands and face. Without looking for any injuries, she grabbed him around his chest and lifted him off the ground. She looked over towards the edge hesitantly, before running back to the ship. She dumped the kid by Tareo and made for the ladder to the cockpit. 'Time to leave,' she muttered to herself, grasped the cold metal and started to climb.

Tareo sat by the red haired kid. Even with his darkened vision, he could tell the kid was badly injured, he could smell the sick fragrance of blood in the air.
The door behind Tareo opened with a hiss and Denfan stepped inside, Resky in his arms. 'He's okay,' he said, 'He's unconcious, though. He landed on a service platform rather hard, there may be some broken ribs.'
He carefully placed Resky on one of the tables, and walked over to Tareo. 'Who's this kid? He looks bad.'
Tareo answered, 'He's a human, we think. We found him being attacked by aliens.' He stopped suddenly, and looked around him. 'Wheres Zari?'
Denfan's face went grim for a second. 'He's still out there, we got seperated.'
'So thats why you were late?'
'Yeah.' Denfan grinned, but it was forced. 'That and we met a couple of hot gals.'
Tareo didn't smile, but turned towards the cockpit ladder. 'I've gotta tell Saron to wait for him.'
He climbed the ladder hurriedly, Denfan not far behind them. Saron was there, preparing the ship for takeoff. She turned, and the first thing she asked was; 'Is Resky okay?'
'Yeah,' Denfan replied, and almost at the same time Tareo said, 'Saron, Zari's missing.'
Saron's face went blank. 'Where did you see him last?'
'Just before the rendevous,' Denfan replied. 'We got separated.'
Saron looked worried. 'If we take off now, we'll have a chance of making it past the meteor shower, it's not that heavy yet. If we wait...'
Denfan had a pained look on his face. 'You mean we'll have to come back for him?'
Saron started to answer, but there was a groaing sound and the ship slid a few metres to the edge of the landing platform.
Denfan started. 'Right, lemme at the controls!'
Saron moved into the copilots seat and Denfan sat down. He pulled a lever and with a roar the ships engines came to life. 'Hold on tight,' He said grimly. 'It's gonna get bumpy.'
The ship shuddered, and the platform tilted a few more inches. Denfan pulled a lever, and watched the main computer screen.
Two green rectangles marked the engines, and solid green bars slowly started to fill it up. 'Come on,' Denfan muttered. He flicked a switch and the ships engines made a groaning sound. The bars were almost to the top when a red warning icon flashed on the in the corner. Denfan frowned. 'There's something in orbit, something big.'
Saron leaned over and switched on another monitor. 'Whatever it is, it's on a direct course to the port.'
Denfan looked over at the main computer. The green bars had filled, they were ready for takeoff. 'Strap yourselves in,' he advised, and the two sat down in the seats behind him and pulled the safety belts over their chests. They clicked, and Denfan did the same. He reached up and turned on another monitor. On the monitor was a 3d scan of the immediate area. 'Uh oh..'
'What?'
'You know that big thing in orbit? Well... let's just say, it's not a ship..'
'What?' Saron craned her neck to get a better look at the monitor. What was there made her freeze. 'Oh, no..'
Denfan nodded. 'Theres a particulary large meteor comin' right the port.'

Back at the main computer, Mayon Defense Enforcer Jeinka Farez examined the proximity scan results with a look of horror on her extremely beautiful face. She brushed a strand of her dark red dreadlocked hair out of her face. 'Is there any weapons strong enough to break it down?' She asked. A thing of that size and density would easily destroy us..
The Mayon at the nearest monitor shook his head grimly. 'We need authorization to even charge the cannons. I'm trying to get through, but I doubt it will get accepted in time.'
'Then we've got to evacuate.' Farez decided.
The Mayon's hand hovered over the alarm switch. 'Is that an order?'
Farez started to answer when the port rocked precariously. The computer screens fizzed out, and was replaced by static. 'What was that?'
'I think we lost our feed.' The Mayon wiped his sweaty brow. 'The communications dish must have sustained damage. Without communications we can't power the weapons or activate the emergency engines.'
Farez nodded. 'Start the evacuation process.'
The Mayon nodded and flicked the switch.

'What's that?' Saron asked. Denfan went silent as he listened carefully. There was a different alarm wailing, and a calm female voice was talking. Denfan flicked a switch so that the voice was played through the ships speakers.
'Do not panic. Please proceed calmy to the nearest exit. Do not panic. Please proceed calmly to the nearest-'
Denfan muted the speakers. He looked at Saron, his face white. 'Looks like they can't do anything about the meteor.'
Saron nodded grimly. 'It's gonna take some good manuveuring to get us past that.'
'There's also Zari.' Defan reminded her. 'How are we supposed to meet up with him later if we have no way of contacting him?'
Saron looked strained. 'There's no other way out of this..' She said sadly. 'We'll.. have to leave him behind.' Behind her, Tareo exclaimed in horror.
She ignored him and said to Denfan, 'It's either this, or we all die. Let's get out of here.'
Denfan looked at her curiously, but obeyed. There was another roaring sound, and the ship gradually lifted of from the platform, just as it collapsed.

Farez typed a complicated key code into the escape pods program. 'They will go for the capital of Mayon.' She said hurriedly. 'Enforcers in pods sixteen to twenty four, staff in pods twenty seven to forty and civilians in pods fifty to seventy five.'
The Enforcers and civilians sorted themselves accordingly, and Farez started towards her own pod. Behind her the automatic doors opened with a screeching noise. A Mayon and a drone approached her, each holding an arm of a teen boy with spiky black hair wearing dark body armor. He was handcuffed and was struggling violently. 'Lemme go!' He screamed. 'You've have no right to-'
Farez stared at him. 'And who is this?' She interrupted.
The Mayon struggled with the boy for a second before answering, 'We caught him stealing illegal weapons from the confiscated items compound, we believe he may have something to do with the gang that attacked a bunch of tourists.'
Farez glared at the kid. 'Yes, I know about that. What is your name?'
The kid spat at her, and she stepped back. 'Why you little..' There was a boom and the walls shook. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 'Put him in my pod. I'll question him when we get to the capital.'
The Mayon obliged, bending the kids arm behind his back and forcing his head down. Farez looked around to see if anyone was still out of a pod. She then followed the Mayon and the kid into the last pod and strapped herself into a velvet covered seat. She typed in a three digit code into the arm of her chair. With one fluid action, all the pods doors closed and they ejected.
Farez looked out the window as the pod flew down towards the planet. She watched in horror as the overlarge chunk of rock slammed into the station. The entire structure simply tore into two and burst into flames. One hundred and thirty years of development up in flames..
A flash at the corner of her eyes made her look up. In the distance was a small ship. Her eyes narrowed. 'Enforcer,' She said slowly without looking around. 'See that ship? What does it look like?'
The Mayon squinted. 'It looks.. like a..' His eyes widened.
Farez nodded. 'Illegal build. Possibly pirates.' She brushed a dreadlock out of her face.
The Mayon gasped. 'You don't think they were the gang that started the fight? Pirates?'
Farez nodded again. 'And this one,' - She nodded at the boy - 'was caught stealing illegal weapons. Possibly for them.' The kid scowled.
The Mayon looked back at the exploding station. 'We may have been able to detect that meteor, if we hadn't already been using the proximity scan to search for this gang. Maybe.. they caused that disturbance so they could steal the weapons and -'
'Put Mayon's only defense and contact with other planets out for the count.' Farez finished. She looked at the ship, now getting smaller and smaller. 'They're clever, pirates. However..' She looked at the boy slyly. 'We now have a living database of their headquarters, targets and..' She laughed. '.. A hostage.'

Thats all of chapter one, i'll post more when I finish!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:26:32 pm »

=O Amazing! I haven't gotten a change to read it all, mind you, only the beginning, but it's amazing. There's not grammar or spelling mistakes either... =D
I'm looking forward to the next chapter!... after I finish reading this one. =P
Report Spam   Logged

Tareo

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:48:44 pm »

Well, after you read that, and cuz i'm feeling nice, heres a bit of chapter 2. (Tell me if the end seems a bit wrong, I had to fix some of it so it wouldn't seem cliched.)

Space

The ship flew slowly out of the artificial atmosphere with a bump, and then the chill of space set in. Denfan heaved a sigh of relief and set the ship to autopilot. He got out of the chair shakily and laughed. 'We made it.' he said. 'Now let's go check the kids.'
Saron and Tareo followed him down the ladder and over to the two unconscious kids. Denfan examined Resky. He pressed on his chest a few times. 'No broken ribs.' He said. He pressed on the boys legs. 'Fine.' He pressed his arms. The boy moaned. Denfan gingerly lifted Resky's right arm. 'Yep.' He nodded. 'Broken arm.' Saron opened a first aid pack and pulled out a bandage.
'Show me where,' she said, Denfan pointed and she started to wrap the bandage around Resky's arm tightly. Denfan walked over to the red haired kid. 'Ow,' He said, wincing. 'This kid's not good.' He pressed his hands to the boys neck, searching for a pulse. It was there, but very slow. 'This one's comatose.' Denfan commented. He looked at the kids face. 'Pierced eye, it looks like. We'd better get that blood flow stopping, otherwise he'll bleed to death.'
Tareo passed him another first aid kit. The fourteen year old's face was very green. Denfan gave him an understanding smile. He knew Tareo could not stand the sight of blood. 'You eyes okay, then?' He said cheerfully, as he wiped his hands with antibacterial fluid from a tube. Tareo didn't smile, but said 'Yeah,' quietly. Denfan picked up some surgical pliers and turned to the kid. 'Tareo, I suggest you look away.'

The shadowy figure walked down the hallway slowly. He looked around him and sneered. He placed a hand on the door to the living quarters. He only had four fingers, or to be more correct, four claws. Even though he was touching the wall, he couldn't feel the metal. He tightened his grip and the claws punctured the metal. The claws sunk into the wall without a sound. He didn't feel this lack of touch and sound wrong. On the contrary, it just heightened his other senses. That is not  important right now, he reminded himself, stick to the job at hand. He retracted the claws from the wall and pushed open the door. A shot whizzed past the side of his head. He seemed to feel it coming, it was easy to dodge. Then, for the first time he heard sound. 'It's a pirate! Keran! Quick, call the enforcers!'
A quick look around the room showed him a woman holding a force shotgun. The shadowy pirate pulled out his weapon, a weird black thing that seemed alive. One shot through the heart was enough. The woman collapsed, but there was no blood.
'Jana?' A man burst through the door directly in front of the pirate, who instinctively pointed his weapon. The man had seen his wife and he collapsed next to her, screaming and sobbing. Viren said coldly, 'Get up.'
The man did not reply, he was busy searching for a pulse. The pirate shot a pulse near the man, it slammed into the ground, leaving a mess of burnt carpet. The man screamed. The pirate smiled coldly. 'You are the one called Keran?'
'Yes, what of it?' The man sobbed. He was holding his late wife’s hand tightly, as if hoping to bring her back. Humans, The pirate thought. Emotionally attached to anything, even their own species. The sooner they are extinct, the better.
He stopped smiling. 'You are lying. You are the scientist, Angeran. You escaped our forces and disguised yourself. Admit it!'
The man laughed bitterly. He had stopped crying. 'You really believe that? You couldn't be further from the truth.'
'The truth!' The pirate screamed. He fired his weapon at the man's leg. Keran cried out in pain and collapsed to the floor.
The pirate composed himself. 'You,' he continued forcefully, 'do not deserve to live. But I will keep you alive if you answer this one question truthfully.' He leaned closer to the man. 'Where is the weapon you created for the sole purpose of destroying us?'
The man laughed. 'Even if I did know, I wouldn't tell you.'
The pirate sneered. 'Then we'll keep you alive in our own way until you decide to talk.'

'Damn, someone shut him up!' Viren stopped screaming and opened his eyes. His throat was dry. His head throbbed painfully. He hadn’t realized he had been screaming.
He jumped as a voice next to him spoke. ’Nice of you to join us.'
Viren looked around to see a thin boy sitting up in a bed, grinning.
Viren couldn't find any words to answer, and gained time by looking around the room whilst breathing heavily. There were a few blood stained tools on a table near him, but the blood was a few days old at least. There was a door one end, possibly leading to more beds or an engine room, and on the other end was a ladder. The guy next to him coughed awkwardly. ‘You okay?'
‘Yeah..' Viren replied hesitantly. 'Uh.. Where am I?' Suddenly he noticed that his vision was a bit odd. Everything was slightly green and his head felt a bit heavy on one side. He lifted his hand to rub the side of his head, but his fingers came in contact with metal.
The kid coughed again. 'Uh, yeah, you eye was kinda ruined. They had to replace it with an artificial one, a kinda old model. By the way, could ya pass a nutrient bar? I'm really hungry.'
Viren looked around and saw the kid was pointing to a box at his feet. Viren slowly reached down and pulled out two nutrient bars and passed one to the kid.
'Thanks,' the kid said, taking the bar and opening it. He hungrily crammed it into his mouth and grinned. 'Tha's be'er.' he said, his mouth full. He swallowed. 'Can't reach them with my arm.' He waved his right arm. It was in a heavy cast. Viren was stunned. His eye was fake, he was in a strange room with a kid who liked nutrient bars, had no idea where he was or how he got there. He felt incredibly tired, and his head was pounding.
He was snapped out of his stunned silence by a clanging noise from the front of the room. He looked over at the ladder as the kid next to him said 'Hey, Denfan!'
Viren looked up to see a tall guy of maybe twenty, with long black and green dreadlocks. He was wearing typical body armour and his skin was extremely tanned. His eyes were unusual, a more oval shape than humans. Viren guessed he was a Mayon, but a fully fledged one. He had obviously completed the adulthood ritual Viren had so many times witnessed. The dreadlocks where the tell-tale sign. The Mayon at the shuttle port did not have them; obviously he had not passed the test of skill. This one had, so Viren suspected that this one was incredibly good at fighting and smart talk.
The Mayon noticed Viren looking at him. He grinned. 'Looked your fill?' He stopped grinning when he saw Viren’s face. ‘What’s with you, kid? Feelin’ all right?’
Viren shook his head, trying to clear the haze. ‘I..’
The boy next to him shifted uncomfortably. ‘I had to.. uh.. fill him in.’
Denfan looked at Viren apologetically. ‘Ah. It is a lot to take in.’
He reached into his pocket and pulled out a syringe. ‘We’ll talk more after you’ve had some proper sleep. This time when you wake up, please do it quietly. Saron can be a real **** when she’s tired.’
Viren tried to respond, but the world tilted dangerously and the Mayon moved forwards quickly. Viren felt a sharp pain in his arm, but even before he could say ‘Ow,’ he fell back into the black abyss.
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 10:19:54 pm »

Urm... I'll actually read it the week after next week, because currently, teachers are overloading us. >_> Break is coming up, in two weeks... hence, I'll read it then... sorry!
Oh yeah, and you should consider making a welcome topic. ^_^ We have to welcome you to the forum properly.
Be back to read this in two weeks! (Or whenever I have time)
Report Spam   Logged

ikes hero
Boop, boop, boop, beeep...SLAYER

Ha, now I look awesome, not lame with purple hair.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:13:04 am »

I read just the prologue, and will finish when I have time. Amazing, from what I've read. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum