Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 12:20:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

FE massive scale

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: FE massive scale  (Read 211 times)
Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« on: May 12, 2008, 10:32:32 am »

You may have already seen this on FEW, but what if there was a game with the battle system of FE with the map of general system of Medeval 2 total war. Move general Harken with 10 cavaliers and 10 archersfrom castle araphaen to attack the Bern faction, which is met by general Narshen with 10 Wyvern riders and 10 Mercenaries. Attacking a castle would be a seize, battles on plains would be rout, defending a castle would be, well, defend.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:45:10 pm »

That is sounds good, but the upper classes need to be balanced.  In FE, a 3rd (or 2nd) could fight 100's of level 1's, either by A) Dodging every single one of the buggers, or B) Taking no damage from every single of the the buggers, and win.  Needs flanking or something.  Researching Weapons would be like upgrading from Iron to Steel to Silver, but I don't think specialized weapons would be plausible. One Lord type character per kingdom, perhaps?  Also, not all commanders are Generals/Marshalls, lol.  (I know it is just the example). 

By the way, I think Narshen would win that fight, Wyverns can smash the archers (due to bow resistance), and Mercs are pretty hardy, and could survive untill the Wyverns are done with archers.  Cavaliers...Are we doing the Lance and Sword cavaliers or choose a weapon Cavaliers (FE9/10)?
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:17 am »

Well I was taking the example from FE6 and FE7, so it would probably be Sword and Lance cavaliers. BTW, Harken is a Hero and Narshen is a wyvern lord. When I said general, that was more of a rank, not a class. Also, in you cities you would have to build certain buildings for certain units. A church or Monastery would  allow you to build Monks and Priests, a stable for cavaliers, a barracks for Knights and soldiers, and Merc's could be hired outside of cities. Also, most of your Generals in M2TW are your family, so your King and Crown Prince would probably be lord, with the rest of your family and your generals being other units.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:10:44 am »

Well, same principle either way, a level 20/20 character could fight and win against 100 level 1s.

Of course required structures, but fliers...Would you pair Pegasi and Wyvern in the same structure?  Or use two different ones.  I'd say seperate, most of the time, countries seem to have mostly one or the other, not both so much<--.

Mercs=Mercenary's Guild!
Barracks: Soldier, Knight, Archer, Fighter
Stable: Nomad (or Bow Cavalier), Cavaliers
Pegasi Field: Pegasus Knights
Wyvern Reserve: Wyvern Knights
Dock: Transport Ship, Ballista Ship, Catapult Ship, Pirate
Church: Priest, Cleric, Trabadour
Academy: Mage, Monk?
Arcane Institution: Shamans
Market:  Buy weapons, upgrades attack by individual units.
Smithy/Armory:  Research/Forge better weapons, newly recruited units have better weapons, no need for market.
Workshop:  Ballista, Catapult
Library: Like smithy, but upgrade attack of mages.

I know I'm missing units, fill in gaps please.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 03:58:20 pm »

No no no, no archer for barracks.
Archery Range= Archers
Ballista/Catapult Towers=Free ballistas or catapults depending on amount when city is attacked
Tavern= Thieves,Bards, Dancers
Upgrade to next level of city/fortress. EG,Upgrading from a motte and bailey(destructable wall) to Castle(one wall) to Fortress(two walls).
Training grounds= Free level up for new units
Also, how do units promote. Should it be like FE 9 and 10 where it doesn't require items. Or should it be that if a unit actually lives that long, they become a general unit and promote. Also, one of the big things of M2TW is that your general is a powerful unit, but if he is killed your units morale sinks. What should the penalty for that be. And differences between cities and castles. You can't build magic building in forts, or most military buildings in cities.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:31:47 pm »

Fine...We'll go with archers on their own, although they are infantry.

Promotes would be auto, because having to buy/research items just to upgrade one soldier/unit at a time would be irritating.  Also, you would want to be able to research the advanced units, so you can train them directly, rather than have to get every single army you make into a battle for exp.  However, probably best to put a limit.  Don't know how many, though, but they should be costly.

Morale would be the same if your leader dies, unless perhaps he has a special trait like "Unwaivering Courage"  Troops commanded by this general don't retreat unless ordered to."

Officers' College:  Generals/Marshalls
Scholar Center: Sages/Arch Sages
Rogue's Den: Rogues/Assassins
Hall of Champions: Heroes
Trial Mountain: Wyvern Lords/Wyvern Masters, Beserkers, Reavers?
House of the Royal Guard: FalcoKnights/Seraph Knights, Sentinels
Barracks of the Elite: Halberdiers, Warriors, Beserkers
Tournament Field: Snipers/Marksmen
Inner Sanctum: Bishops/Saints, Valkyrie
Palace of Lords: All lords can be class changed here for free, if possible (minimum level 10).  Most costly structure.

Can't think of any more right now, coming up with unique names for these structures is pretty hard.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 12:09:21 am »

You guys are going to have to familiarize me with Medeval 2 total war before I can be really valuable.

I'm thinking that Defense caps would have to be lowered to prevent upper class units from destroying the competition.

Maybe you could send thieves, rogues and assassins into the enemy camp or castle at night to cause sabotage and kill the opposing general and stuff like that. Extremely risky, but very high exp. bonus. Could be a minigame opportunity.

Maybe new defense equipment like boiling oil.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 12:15:16 am »

Well, the Midieval system only has offensive power, defensive power, and bonus vs unit types.

So, an FE version would be broken down into Physical Might, Magical Might, Defense, Resistance, and bonus vs unit.

Soldiers Good vs Mounted (spears always beat cavalry)
Mounted Good vs Foot Soldiers (overrun)

Etc.  Can you make more up?
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 09:16:04 am »

More units or weaknesses? I'm going to assume weaknesses and start this on a complete circle of weaknesses.

Sword Soldiers beat Archers.

Archers beat Flying units.

Flying Units beat Magic users. (Who have the basic light-dark-anima triangle)

Magic users beat Assassins. (and thieves and rogues)

Assassins beat Axe wielders.

Axe wielders beat Soldiers.

Soldiers beat Calvary.

Calvary beats Sword Soldiers.

There. Full circle. And This is only assuming that Foot Soldiers wield swords, hence the changed name.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:23:14 pm »

Big circle. You're pretty good at this, you should check out my fangame. Which I need to work on.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 11:13:55 am »

*shifty eyes*
*eyes continue to shift*
OK, I completely forget what I was suppose to be doing for your fan game sorry  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 12:14:05 pm »

*shifty eyes*
*eyes continue to shift*
OK, I completely forget what I was suppose to be doing for your fan game sorry  Sad
You were doing sprites, lol.
Um, I think. =3
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:43 pm »

More specific, lol?   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 12:28:04 pm »

Didn't I PM it to you? Oh well, I'll come up with an assingnment, since I haven't done much lately.
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 03:15:24 pm »

That exchange made absolutely no sense to me. No sense whatsoever.

Anyway, besides the amount of statistics, would this be the same as the rest of the FE games, or what?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum