Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 01:52:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best Assasin (my moneys on Jaffar)

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Assasin (my moneys on Jaffar)  (Read 320 times)
FEMiroth
Just Plain Awesome
Global Moderator

Foremerly Firemblemaniac

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 09:32:36 pm »

Sothe is pretty bad otherwise, though....
Report Spam   Logged

I Guess L won in the end.
BananaShmoe: General

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 01:33:41 pm »

I mean stat wise. Legualt is my fav in Fe1 though. But you can't really use any assasins in the sacred stones unless you promote which is frustrating, seeing as yer thief is better ads a rouge.
Report Spam   Logged
Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »

For your info, "Fire Emblem", the game your reffering to is actually FE7.FE1 is about Marth and is only released in Japan, along with 2-6.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 06:53:03 pm »

I wouldn't necessarily go with Marisa as a Swordmaster, the critical bonus is nice, but her lower strength compared to Joshua's really hampers the critical's potential.  Making her an Assassin balances out the low(er) strength by giving her a non-strength instant kill move, and her huge skill really ties along with it.

Colm is a Rogue, always and forever.  (Thief/Rogue utility owns, and he is much better than Rennac)

Sothe doesn't count as an Assassin, he doesn't instant kill people (he sets their HP to one...).  Therefore, he loses, but he has great stats as a Rogue, very combat oriented.

I barely used the two thieves in PoR.  Volke was meh and Sothe didn't promote...so...yeah...
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 09:39:01 am »

I use Sothe in PoR so he is invincible in RD. Beware him, seriously, he makes part 1 a lot easiser,especially after you realise tier 2's aren't really prepromotes. On a side note, Kiro, you really need FE7. Probably the best game in the series, except maybe by RD, but it's close.
Report Spam   Logged

Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 09:42:29 pm »

I would go with Matthew as you would have more time to level him up and then promote him. Jaffar comes as a pre-promote and only has a few more levels for him to add. Now in FE8, I thought Joshua made the best assasin. I thought he was even better than Jaffar at times. Joshua was also able to be promoted which allowed him to add more level before upgrading class.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 06:02:15 pm »

Joshua's advanced myrmidon stats (boosted str/def/hp) really help him as an Assassin, but still, I prefer him as a swordmaster.  Assassin is really meant for low/er strength characters but have high skill, so they can bypass an enemies defense (like Pierce) and just instant kill them.

Which is why I choose Marisa in FE8.

Yes, I do need FE7...But...I'm still waiting on FE11 for DS =)
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 03:57:37 pm »

FE11, bah. Most of my fangame stuff is based off of it's awesomeness for classes and how the game works, so go buy it right now jk.
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 11:56:23 pm »

You could get an FE7 ROM. I had to use someone else's FE7 cartridge, but now I have my own game!

Anyway, back on topic. Jaffar is amazing. Reverse time, level him to 20 before raising him, and then max out his level, and he'll probably cap most of his stats. And will easily waste Matthew and Legault at the same time.

Volke is cool, though. I think it would be amazing if someone made a video of Jaffar vs. Volke. And I don't mean the animations from FE7, FE9 or FE10. I mean like an anime-type thing.

Colm makes a really good assassin, too. He's always been better than Matthew for me. And Marisa/Joshua works either way for me, swordmaster or assassin.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 08:28:24 pm »

We're not allowed to talk about ROM's here. Anyways, Sothe wins for me in PoR just for his bonuses. And Matthew beat Jaffar because of early game because he can steal is is in your party by chapter 12. You can't S-Rank it without him.
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2008, 03:17:14 pm »

I know. It makes me angry whenever I dwell on it. And what's wrong with ROM's anyway? (that was a rhetorical question and my last statement about the subject)
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum