Best Of Three Worlds
April 16, 2024, 03:27:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

FE9 Tier List

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: FE9 Tier List  (Read 808 times)
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2008, 09:19:51 pm »

Well its a teir list. Its bound to be debated and screwed.  Although I bet you could make a skill teir list with little debate (key word little, bet there would still be some).
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Swordsalmon

The Owlephant, destroyer of reason.

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2008, 09:54:45 pm »

You just hate Rolf, don't you?  Shocked

Rolf is 7 levels under Titania right now, but his AS and def are the same, res is only one under, hit and dodge is almost exactly the same, and the difference between a Silver Axe and a Steel Bow is making about half of the difference between Atk. And to make up for 9 movement range, he has double space attack. Of course, this still doesn't fully compensate, but give Rolf some time and effort and he will be equal to or better than Titania when they finally get to the same level.

This isn't about opinions, this debate is about facts.

Regardless of their level, the point remains that Titania is more effective at combat. She has a noticable offensive lead, better defenses (WTA, supports, HP), and much higher movement. Rofl's use of Bows is a major disadvantage, as he's fighting once a turn and hindering progress massively. Titania's use of the two best weapons (which can be indirect, too) and a huge +3 Movement furthers proves how much better she is.

Also, getting Rofl to promotion takes alot of either Turns or BEXP, both reducing precious experience. Titania isn't hindered by this, since she's always awesome.

Rofl never makes it to Titania's level of usefullness. Never.

Well I guess there is no possible way we are going to reach a soloution, because we simply comepletely disagree.  Your insisting that to compare stats everying else should be taken into account, and I'm saying that if your going to compare stats, you should only use the stats, otherwise your not comparing stats.  Its not even something either of us can back up with pure fact, because we're just seeing it from different views.

Paladins have disadvantes, such as not being able to push or shoved,  and must of the time not being able to be pushed/shoved.  Which is surpisngly big.  They suffer the most from terrain, being pushed down to three space movement on sand.  Ike's lord class is the best, best stats, best Occult by far.  Although using a one person class isn't really fair.

Because my point is more intelligent, in the least elitest and rudest way I can put it. Consider this. You have a character available from the start who's immediately good; best at this point. He's defeating enemies better than anyone. For the rest of the game, he's still beating most characters. Then you get a pathetically weak character. He can't even beat enemies within a reasonable time, and is dying very quick. The first character is beating him everywhere, correct? If the second character gets stronger, the first will still develop and remain stronger. Who is the better character?

Pushing and shoving are barely disadvantages, since both are rare to be used and the Paladin's move-attack proves much more useful. Also, Sol>Aether, as more characters can use it for much longer time with better activation rate.

Well its a teir list. Its bound to be debated and screwed.  Although I bet you could make a skill teir list with little debate (key word little, bet there would still be some).

A tier list is made to be debated. That's the fun of it. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2008, 08:46:16 am »

Woah  Shocked Aeather way over sol!  The only reason more can use Sol is because only one character can use Aether which is the best skill hands down.  Also, longer usage? Not by much.  You should have an Occult skill by the time Ike becomes a lord so other Occult skills would only have couple levels on him.

And your point is not intelligent, its ingnorant and stubborn (in the Elitist and rudest way I can put it  Angry  Wink).  I've stated on several occasions that your incuding to many other things on one thing. Yes her average leveling give her better stats for most of the game because of level advantage! But that doesn't mean she has better stats! She has worse stats, because if you take them on the same level Rolf will most likely (said most likely cause you can be screwed by RNG) have better stats.  And including supports wouldn't be fair either, cause once again your counting it twice, and its something the player can very much control.

I'm not going to argue with saying Archers aren't the worst class, they're bad, but they are very much usable.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Ratiqu

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2008, 10:06:21 pm »

You just hate Rolf, don't you?  Shocked

Rolf is 7 levels under Titania right now, but his AS and def are the same, res is only one under, hit and dodge is almost exactly the same, and the difference between a Silver Axe and a Steel Bow is making about half of the difference between Atk. And to make up for 9 movement range, he has double space attack. Of course, this still doesn't fully compensate, but give Rolf some time and effort and he will be equal to or better than Titania when they finally get to the same level.

This isn't about opinions, this debate is about facts.

Wait, what? When did I put an opinion in there? And, also, why can't you use both Titania and Rolf? I get it, you're blinded by your utter devotion to prepromoted units (who haven't had their full potential unlocked) and your dislike of Rolf, but at least consider balancing the two.

Oh, I see the opinion now. When I said the double space attack partially compensates for 9 movement range and various other factors.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum