Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 04:55:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best swordmaster

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Poll
Question: Who is it?
Edward
Mia
Stefan
Zihark
Lucia

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best swordmaster  (Read 556 times)
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 12:18:43 am »

How did you get Edward killed on Chapter 1 of Part 1?  Did you attack the boss and get teamed by the lacky behind him?  Common mistake, he will almost always die there.  Actually, do NOT use BEXP on Micaiah, she is the only one CAPABLE of equipping Paragon, just use a bit here and there if she is behind.  The trick to Micaiah is in chapter one, let her finish off ALL of those guys, she starts at level 1 anyways, compared to Ed's 4.  Then start evenly training your guys, Edward has great potential, if you can look past the initial weaknesses.  Besides, Wrath is pretty helpful if he DOES get damaged.

Another EXP trick is to remove weapons off of the more powerful 2nd tiers you get in Daein, mainly the General, and just have them tough attacks out while everyone else picks people off.  It works, and nets you EXP.

The reason I don't mind Micaiah's low speed (other than no double attack) is because she is the equivelent of a magic armor knight, and I treat her as such.  Never fight without a guard, and great against all enemy units due to decent magic.  Her resistance is top notch, also.

I played on normal, I went with Nolan, Aran, and Edward, trust me, this triangle trio works wonders.
Jill is good though, but I prefer Haar due to faulty RNG's.

Maybe I should restart again and check?
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 02:30:41 pm »

..I need to play FE10 again...I playyed FE9 many more times....10 only once....
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 03:36:44 pm »

No offense, but except for Boyd,Caineghis,maybe Nolan, and Giffca you can't really one round enemies without speed. As for Jill vs. Haar, use both and give the 2 an A support. They will own(and get married). Paragon won't matter as much for Micaiah, even when she gets a kill, it won't help her become a better unit after she caps Magic and Resistance. If she doen't have speed, her only use is Physic and Purge, thus showing Michaiah needs to be leveled with BEXP, not Paragon. 12 speed at level 20 doen't cut it, she will easily be killed in the BK fight. Your Jill got RNG screwed? That really sucks, she is an incredible unit when she doen't get screwed. Edward will be killed in 2 shots at the begining of part 1, and he doen't have enough speed to make his dodge save him. The onlt time they can't kill him is prologue, which is not enough to make him the best. Zihark has the same problem, but an earth support with Nolan w/ +45 avoid will make him untouchable.
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 06:39:46 pm »

+45 avoid?   Shocked.

Of course he doesn't have the speed to save himself in part 1, NO ONE does, except the tier 2s.  I had to give him what exp I could (BEXP and fighting), but once I got back to him, I had a massive load of BEXP to give him.  I got the BEXP, I believe, right when they all team up, (although they seperate quickly enough), I got this huge amount of BEXP.

Yeah, Jill got killed, she came out to be like a wimpy, low res version of a pegasus knight.  Her strength and defense were quite pathetic, while having this huge, abnormal speed stat.  It bothered me quite a lot, since she couldn't even wield axes effectively.

Considering I reached level 20 on the Black Knight stage with Micaiah, I think it works.  The trick, obviously, is to stay in the bushes, and find a nice corner to hide in, that has a choke point farther from her position, so she isn't ranged by those pesky archers.

Freaking archers, they bother me in Part 1.  A LOT.  They have such huge strength/defense stats for an archer, while Leonardo gets stuck with wimpy stats.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 02:35:03 pm »

Yes, an A earth support gives +45 avoid. A common tactic is to have Ike and Oscar(both earth affinity)get an A support, give Oscar Daunt and Ike provoke. Everything attacks Ike, misses, and then is killed by Ike. I am really sorry about your Jill, she is my best Beorc unit. Her strength might drag a little at first, but if you either 1) give her a Energy drop 2) cap speed, then BEXP abuse, or 3) equip her w/ handaxes at first, she will dominate. And about the huge amount of BEXP, give it to Mia, and she will be better than Edward. Or Zihark w/ his uber dodge. But make sure you level Michaiah with it so her speed doen't fail. Remember, speed and strength are THE most important stats, otherwise you can't effectively kill enemies.
Report Spam   Logged

Sothe

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 09:22:20 pm »

this isn't fair, in 9 Mia in 10 Eddy followed by Zihark.
Report Spam   Logged

[color="#0000FF"]

Webmaster of Fire Emblem Cave
Ratiqu

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 04:38:05 pm »

Mia was almost always my best unit, along with Nephenee (who capped every stat without a single stat-boost item), though Haar could dish out some serious punishment, too.

I've been trying to get Jill up in levels, but no matter what I do, either she dies or someone to heal her dies. I'm just not good with axe-users.

Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 08:32:55 pm »

Mia ROCKS. Good to see someone see it. Better than any other swordmaster in 10, and her FE9 strength wan't terrible.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2008, 11:12:18 am »

Are you kidding? In 9: Zihark>Stefan?Mia>Lucia (who sucks completely in both games).  Actually for declaring Lucia her rival wasn't good for Mia. Tsk tsk Mia, tsk tsk.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Sothe

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 11:09:08 am »

Never. zihark>mia>lucia>stefan.
Report Spam   Logged

[color="#0000FF"]

Webmaster of Fire Emblem Cave
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 12:55:48 pm »

Stefan is by far better than Lucia in 9.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2008, 05:48:09 pm »

^^ and ^ He's better then Mia too in FE9.  I wrote a huge thing in your topic at FEB, and gained everyone's support but yours.... But if you think Lucia is good in either game you hit your head on something.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Ratiqu

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2008, 08:35:37 pm »

You aren't kidding about Lucia. I thought she might be okay the first time through FE10. I failed that chapter in about 3 turns.

The lack of a swordmaster is frustrating in 2-F though. Nephenee and Haar just can't quite pull it off, even with the sporadic help of Elincia and Marcia.
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »

What level of difficulty are you playing on?
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Ratiqu

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 11:43:36 am »

Hard, I think, and I find it difficult even on normal.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum