Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 09:29:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Basic fire emblem battle sprite construction.

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic fire emblem battle sprite construction.  (Read 253 times)
Amyler

« on: December 13, 2007, 12:24:26 am »

So, wana make some awesome battle sprites? Sure. It's not so hard. Right now, we'll start with something simple; lets try giving a soldier a larger sheild, and while were at it, we'll remove his helmet too. So, to start, get the first sprite of the unit you need. *The first sprite is always in the top right corner of the page.)

So, heres our special little unit.

first, we find the sheild we want to use. So, I personally think the Great Knights sheild will work fine. Perfect.. So, we get a picture of the Great Knight. Then, we just copy and past the area around the sheild. Now, just get your eraser tool and remove all the bits and pieces you don't want. You should end up with something like this.

Okay, next, we move the sheild where we want it. Get your crop tool, and you should get something that comes up below the tools. Select the bottom one of those. That means when you crop the picture, the background won't move with it! Now, get your sheild, and move it until your happen with its placement. You should get something like this.

Now, the colors don't fit to well, don't they. That can be fixed. Get your eyedropper tool, and Right click the Lightest color of the Soldiers armor. Now, get the eyedropper again, and Left click the Lightest color on the sheild. now, get your eraser tool. Notice how its changed color? Try left clicking on empty space. It'll make the entire area a different color! That because the color you right clicked with your eye dropper tool became the background color. Right clicking a different color will make a new background color. Anyway, try right clicking with the eraser on empty space. It'll do nothing. When you right click with an eraser, it'll only change the color you left clicked. So, if we move it over the sheild ... the color on the sheild will match that of the soldier!

Now, go to the next lightest color on the sheild, and the next lightest color on the armor. Repeat the process until the sheild looks like this.

Now, we want to remove the helemt. The easiet way to do this; replace his head! XD Although that sounds strange, its not so stupid. The eads in FE generally have the same basic shape. For no real reason, I like using Wil's. So, lets get the mans head already! Do the same thing we did with the sheild, and you should end up with this. (don't forget to white click white to make it your background color again.)

Sorry ahout this Wil, but we just wanted to put your head on someone elses body. Wink Well, we need to flip it so it faces the right way. To do this, surround it with the crop tool, then go to the image tollbar, and select flip/rotate. Now, click flip horizontally, and then okay. Joy! his head now faces the same way as what shall soon be his body. Now, get your eraser tool, and take off that soldiers cranium! (Often, its best to use the eraser to get the bit off thats not near anything, and to use a white pencil to get the rest off, as its more accurate. Well, now that we've got the perch for Wil's head ready and waiting. Just get the crop tool, and put that head in its new home!

b

So there we go. Our own unit! You can do this for some pretty good quality stuff. Enjoy!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 02:19:07 pm »

Nice tutorial *stickies*.  Keep up the good work!
also forgot to lock  Wink
oh right you wanted it unlocked didn't you
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Ratiqu

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 06:15:29 pm »

I am going to attempt to put a mage's robe on a myrmidon.

I will tell you if I am successful, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Yay! It worked! All I have left to do is a little bit with shadows. In the end, though, I put a myrmidon's head and sword on a mage's body. Now all I have to do is figure out how to make a giant sword of flame. Tongue

By the way, the sprite in the tutorial wouldn't do badly for a halberdier, if it had a better spear.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?
death_angel666

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:02:47 pm »

can u plz make bttel sprite of jaffaman he is jafars head on howk eyes body also sians heir. he has 2 knifs and no1 can escape them lol. plz animete it like this: jaffaman dos 2 backfilps and attacks bnadit (here i want crit hit animeshon (sp?) plz). then he shodul turn agianst the player and say "youll never escape my blades."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum