Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 06:18:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

WW2

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Poll
Question: Why did America get into WW2
Soley because of Pearl Harbor - 1 (20%)
Pearl Harbor provide the needed reason to get in, but thats not why. - 3 (60%)
Its a conspiracy man! I'm telling you the government knew about Pearl Harbor, they let it happen as an excuse to get in the war. - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: WW2  (Read 360 times)
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 09:28:23 pm »

Really.
Maybe I'd believe the 9/11 conspiracy, since I really hate Bush, but FDR was a pretty amazing president...
Or maybe the other one? Uhh...
>_> Sorry, I don't know my history.
Report Spam   Logged

Amyler

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 04:13:39 pm »

Communism is NOT a dictatorship.
Communism is literally a Utopia. Everyone is equal, everyone plays nice, everyone rules themselves; the government disappears. 

*facepalm* How is communism, the system were a single person holds all  political power, and there is no one equal to him or capable of challanging him NOT a Dictatorship?

I personally say that Pearl Harbor was the needed excuse, since FDR couldn't get involed until it happened. However I'm not some conspiracy guy like commander ike.

Again, let me say it.  The reason that consipiracy theory even exists, is after on of many attempts by Churchhill to get America to side with them in the war, Churchhill interpreted Roosevelt's words as meaning "I will wait for an excuse to enter the war before doing so." However, it is believed he wanted no part in combat. After all, during the weeks that followed this "statement", America lost 2 battleships, which killed many. Either attack would have been seen as a great goad, yet America did nothing. Combat is expensive. Supplying it is what makes you rich. Thats what Roosevelt understood. Roosevelt supplied Britian with weapons and supplies, thus giving them lots and lots of money. If he entered the war, odds are he would lose lots and lots of money. He didn't want that. So he didn't enter the war until it became apparent that there was a direct threat to America involved. If he had known about Pearl Harbor before it happened, guess what? He would have stopped it, because it was have Lost Him Money. Which is never what people want.
Report Spam   Logged

Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 04:34:31 pm »

Actually...I believe we were lending lots of money, so the U.S. wasn't quite making money.  Especially once the Lend-Lease Act (We lease them our stuff, and for some reason said we wanted all the stuff lent back, as if it was a real lease, but who wants a blown up tank lol) came into effect, making the Cash n' Carry (They pay in cash, and have to transport the stuff themselves) trade style obsolete.

I say the military and the government knew, but the people demanded isolation, and so responded with inaction.  Although, due to WWII, unemployment stopped being a major problem.  WWII was bad for morals and good for the depression, unfortunately for many lives. War economies tend to be strong, but limited, and only exist during war, but it was like the kickstart we needed to jump out the pit of depression.  More people working leads to increased spending resulting in better circulation of money.
Report Spam   Logged

Ah Puch

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:54 pm »

*facepalm* How is communism, the system were a single person holds all  political power, and there is no one equal to him or capable of challanging him NOT a Dictatorship?

Stefan the SwordSaint is actually correct in his assessment of communism. No part of communistic theory states that there should be an autocrat; indeed, the entire point with it is to reach a stage of "enlightened anarchy," so to speak, when there is no ruler whatsoever. You are thinking about fascism.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 06:42:15 pm »

Thank you Au Puch for knowing what your talking about. Oh and just Stefan is fine Wink
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Amyler

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 02:00:11 am »

Oh. >.< Well, I knew taht beforehand, so I have no idea why I made such a retarded mistake. Propably because thats what normally happens when Communism falls into place; mistakes.

Quote from: Just Stefan
Thank you Au Puch for knowing what your talking about.

Quiet you.
Report Spam   Logged

Ah Puch

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 06:24:52 pm »

Oh. >.< Well, I knew taht beforehand, so I have no idea why I made such a retarded mistake. Propably because thats what normally happens when Communism falls into place; mistakes.

Nah, nevermind. We all make mistakes.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 02:28:38 pm »

Haha yea its OK, I'll admit I was shocked when you were incorrect, I thought you would know. (and you did..but was just wrong...)
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum