Best Of Three Worlds
April 19, 2024, 05:27:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Best GBA Sage

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Poll
Question: Who is the best Sage of the GBA fire emblem games
Lugh - 0 (0%)
Lilina - 0 (0%)
Hugh - 0 (0%)
Erk - 2 (14.3%)
Pent - 3 (21.4%)
Nino - 2 (14.3%)
Lute - 2 (14.3%)
Moulder - 1 (7.1%)
Saleh - 0 (0%)
Ewan - 4 (28.6%)
Artur - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GBA Sage  (Read 695 times)
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 08:44:54 pm »

Oh, oops, sorry about that.  I mean't Bishop, I probably put Sage down because the topic is about Sages, and my mind blanked.  Yeah, I mean't Bishop, because Slayer is really useful versus those monsters in FE8.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk
Hunter of Pent and Nino fanatics everywhere.

Prepare to be owned, fanatics of Pent

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »

Its ok Kiro, i forgive you. And no offense, but Moulder has the personality of a rock. Hey, Moulder sound like boulder. Think those might be connected?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Credits to Kiro for this awesomeness sig.
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 11:19:52 pm »

He has more HP and Def than the other healers too, although they are different classes than him.
A boulder is hard to hurt = high def? Moulder has high def as a result?
If only it were that simple.
Report Spam   Logged

Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 08:04:18 am »

Maybe he has higher defense since he is fat.And generally the characters I use have to at least have the personality of at least an animal. Anyways, I prefer to use Natasha.
Report Spam   Logged

Krevin

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 04:13:16 pm »

Moulder > Natasha, because fat people win at life in FE. His high con means he won't be losing speed or skill(and note Natasha's skill is already abnormally low) when wielding heavy tomes.
I'm not saying Natasha sucks, but she has generic female magician stats (high mag, low everythign else) while Moulder... doesn't.

Back on topic of best sage, I say Lugh. Sure, sages from later games beat him statistically, but IIRC he was the best Sage in FE6 (I know he was better than Lillina in just about everything, except Mag which she had a ridiculously high growth rate in, and I'm almost 100% sure he beat Hugh in most every stat) and Sages were a lot mroe neccessary in FE6 because its the hardest of the three games on GBA and enemies generally had low Res, so Sages made it less challenging. The only way you can say Pent, Erk, Nino, Saleh, Moulder, Artur, Lute, or Ewan is better is if you didn't think FE6 was challenging enough and you think Lugh makes the game too easy.
Report Spam   Logged
TonyGski

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08:59 pm »

and Moulder does beat Natasha. Tongue

i totally agree FE6 was the hardest of the three games.
But i wouldn't say Lugh.
I like Hugh maybe because of hard mode stat bonuses [which i'm now unsure if he keeps them?] but hes not the BEST SAGE of all three games.
Report Spam   Logged
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:24 pm »

I just like Natasha because she has a personality. Lugh looked really good, I just didn't use him because I had already decided to use Lilina.
Report Spam   Logged

Krevin

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 11:45:20 pm »

Well statistically, no, he's not the best Sage. I'm pretty sure that'd be Lute, though I could be wrong. But statistically, he's the best FE6 Sage, and FE6 sages shine a little brighter than those of the american games. Hugh is only good in Hard mode, and even still I think Lugh is better.
Report Spam   Logged
Anima Sage Erk

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:14:45 am »

Hugh has the level disadvantage, and Lugh and Clarine are better than him.
Report Spam   Logged

Swordsalmon

The Owlephant, destroyer of reason.

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 09:58:23 am »

Moulder > Natasha, because fat people win at life in FE. His high con means he won't be losing speed or skill(and note Natasha's skill is already abnormally low) when wielding heavy tomes.
I'm not saying Natasha sucks, but she has generic female magician stats (high mag, low everythign else) while Moulder... doesn't.

Back on topic of best sage, I say Lugh. Sure, sages from later games beat him statistically, but IIRC he was the best Sage in FE6 (I know he was better than Lillina in just about everything, except Mag which she had a ridiculously high growth rate in, and I'm almost 100% sure he beat Hugh in most every stat) and Sages were a lot mroe neccessary in FE6 because its the hardest of the three games on GBA and enemies generally had low Res, so Sages made it less challenging. The only way you can say Pent, Erk, Nino, Saleh, Moulder, Artur, Lute, or Ewan is better is if you didn't think FE6 was challenging enough and you think Lugh makes the game too easy.

Moulder also has that excellent double-Anima support with Vanessa and a Light B with Colm. He gets the best support bonuses in the GBA series. ^_^ Natasha gets...Joshua, who is a lame mid-tier and the bonuses suck.

FE6 HM was too easy. XD I think Lugh's a bit overrated. His duarbility sucks, even by Mage standards, and though he's one of the few who can kill Armour Knights early on, Lugh can't hurt other things well until Aircalibur. He's the best Sage in FE6, though, and very cute. <3
Report Spam   Logged
Krevin

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 02:11:22 am »

Natasha gets...Joshua, who is a lame mid-tier and the bonuses suck.
Try upper-mid, just below Kyle, and thats based on his AVERAGE stats, too. He almost always surpasses his averages.
Natasha also gets tremendous Mag and some nice Res, but thats all she really has going for her.
Moulder is definitely better than Natasha, but he can promote to Bishop (read: He can promote to God) so making him a Sage is insta-fail. Natasha can't even become a sage via normal means (but any unit can be any class if you know what you're doing) and she sucks as a Sage when made one via abnormal means.
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 06:17:39 am »

Try upper-mid, just below Kyle, and thats based on his AVERAGE stats, too. He almost always surpasses his averages.

No, he really doesn't. Thats why they're called averages.
Report Spam   Logged

BananaShmoe: General

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 04:26:18 pm »

ATHOS!!!! Just kidding... I'd have to say Artr he's pretty good.
Report Spam   Logged
Kiroshima

Follower of Twilight

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:50 pm »

Natasha is ok healer, I suppose all she has is the special ending with Joshua, and thats about it.
Moulder DOES make a great Bishop, but his resistance is horrible compared to Artur's.  But his Con and other stats make up for it, very combat oriented Bishop.

Artur should not be a sage, you have enough Anima peeps already.  Plus, Bishop is just so much better later in the game, because all enemies are dark monsters, so Slayer is godly.  But Moulder beats Artur, plus Anima support on top of the stats.

Ewan isn't that great of a Sage, again, you have plenty of Anima mages.  PLUS, you only get one other dark magic user, so Ewan should nearly ALWAYS choose Shaman, and I prefer Summoner, even though his are weaker than Knull's.  He doesn't lose out much on magic stat anways, being 27 Max for summoner.  Utility plus decent stats = superior.

I think Saleh is a pretty good Sage, but there can be better Sages.  He does have a Con advantage, though, which helps him wield those heavy tomes.  (Heavy books xD)

Lute, although the Con boost of Mage Knight is useful, is in my opinion the best Sage.  Seriously, that huge magic cap of around 30 just gods over other magic users.  She is also an Anima affinity, and has a double Anima support with Vanessa, making her goddesslike.  Just remember, nothing over Fire (She has 30 Magic cap anyways, which makes her attack power balanced anyways).
Report Spam   Logged

Ratiqu

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 10:02:06 pm »

Oh my GOD!!!! Hasn't anyone ever put any effort whatsoever into raising Nino?

It takes some unspeakable acts involving mines to get her raised, but if you do, absolute pwnage results.

I've gone through and used her three times, and she got within 3 points of being maxed in every stat except Defense and Health every time. She could've done more damage alone to the Fire Dragon than any three other units put together. Except her health was a bit too low, so I couldn't use her (Cry). Still, she wasted everyone else that got in her way. Sonia was a problem, though....

Anyway, Erk was good, but not as good, Pent was average at best, Lute was really good, though slightly better as a Mage Knight, Artur filled the position very well, Moulder does better as a Bishop, and Ewan does better as either a Druid or a Summoner. Hugh, Lugh, and Lilina were all pretty good, in that order.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm blonde. What's your excuse?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum