Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 12:35:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

World War 1

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: World War 1  (Read 458 times)
Kirby
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2008, 04:14:47 pm »

ok?
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2008, 04:50:40 pm »

Errr.... wait, scratch that, we get to somewhere more like the Renaissance....

Yeah.... there's K-8 schools, there's pre school, there's elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and a bunch of other stuff..
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2008, 04:53:48 pm »

^ we are a little of topic
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2008, 04:46:07 pm »

*posting for the sake of posting.* Well, as I said before the only battle I know in detail is Gallipoli. It was when a large number of ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) soldiers were landed at Gallipoli, with the intent being that they could take control the the turkish gunerries all across the ... damnit, I've forgotten the name of the strait! Well, it was a river through which British ships had to pass if they were going to get supplies to French soldiers. And since Turkish guns "decorated" the coast, ANZAC soldiers were dispatched to take control of them, allowing the supplies to be sent. They plan was for the ship to land at Gallipoli beach, and to send troops across it, taking care of Turkish soldiers posted their as they did so, and to then scale the cliffs from behind and take the gunneries. However, the ships overshoot their goal, meaning soldiers were dispatched at Gallipoli cliffs, were they were sitting ducks for soldiers at the top of cliffs. They eventually got up their (suffering amazingly heavy losses) and for months were at a bloody standstill with the Turkish soldiers, until eventually there was what I am told is one of the best tactically excuted retreats ever made. (I won't go into detail right now. another time.) So, yea. >.> Aside from that, nothing else interesting to say. Except perhaps the Turks, then and still now apparently hold Aussie's in high regard, particaliarly the soldiers. Yes, you Germanys and Euporpians can hate eachothers guts, but us clever Aussies and Turks will get a good game of cricket, share some ciggaretes and chocolate while on the feild of war. Before camly going back to our own trenchs and continuing shooting the hell out of eachother. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2008, 05:17:35 pm »

The battle for Vimi ridg is an important battle for Canadian soilders.
Report Spam   Logged
Ah Puch

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2008, 05:18:04 pm »

Edit: Well, since everyone is bragging about the war efforts of their home countries, I think I should mention the Battle of Nothing at All, between the Kingdom of Sweden and the armies of Nonexistence. 

Yes, you Germanys and Euporpians can hate eachothers guts, but us clever Aussies and Turks will get a good game of cricket, share some ciggaretes and chocolate while on the feild of war. Before camly going back to our own trenchs and continuing shooting the hell out of eachother. ^^

I don't think I have ever encountered anti-German sentiments in real life. On the internet, sure; but on the net, you can find everything if you look hard enough. I mean, they have good beer, legal prostitution, and Autobahn -- who could hate a place like that? Only the French, or so I've heard, still bear some kind of grudge against Germans, which the Germans answer by invading France every summer in order to swim in the Mediterranean.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum