Best Of Three Worlds
April 19, 2024, 07:52:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

World War 1

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: World War 1  (Read 459 times)
Kirby
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 05:17:27 pm »

the US did not start the first world war
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 06:16:36 pm »

Thats already been said, if slightly vaguely.
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 06:23:20 pm »

what?
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 01:29:04 am »

Sheesh, this is a debate board. If your going to post, 1 word replies aren't excactly a grade material. Anyway.

This is world war 1, not 2. I think you should learn abit about how America came into power before saying that it was America's fault WW1 occured.

If you know how America came to power you'll know why I said this. And how it is relevant to the conversation.

Report Spam   Logged

PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 01:56:49 am »

Sheesh, I already said the America thing was a joke.... -_-
Yeah, although I don't know exactly, is it something along the lines of America became a world power because of WWI?
... That's probably wrong, but that's what I'm inferencing from what you're saying. Since I'm too lazy to look up WWI.
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 08:51:24 am »

I love to study ww2 hisory I even do it for fun  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 10:18:10 pm »

^^Well, dumbing it down, (mainly because I only know the dumbed down version, so when Ah Puch tells me I'm wrong, don't be shocked XD) America gained much of its wealth buy selling weapons, ships and raw materials to Britian and its allies. It gave America billions of dollars, and sent its economy skyrocketing. I suppose the rest can be figured out by all you clever kotes. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 03:28:48 pm »

^ I heard the US has the strongest military if thats true  than how come they cant defeat the Alquida
Report Spam   Logged
Ah Puch

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »

Don't worry, Amyler, you are a hundred percent correct. The US had a major rise in economy thanks to Britain buying all their food, guns, and equipment from there. Also, the fighting impoverished the European superpowers.

I heard the US has the strongest military if thats true  than how come they cant defeat the Alquida

Because, you know, war is not about steam-rolling down your opponents, be they Nazi Germany or al-Qaida. It's impossible to win by sheer strength, especially when the enemy fights on his own soil (like I suppose al-Qaida does) and use underhand techniques and guerilla strategies. To tie this back to WWI, Germany tried to use raw power against France, and see what happened: both of the countries were locked in eternal trench-warfare that cost millions of lives. You simply can't fight like that. And the US can't nuke Afghanistan to hell either, because then they'd kill too many civilians (though it's not like the bombs don't kill civilians anyway; remember the conflict down in Yugoslavia, where the US bombed civilian targets nonstop for 48 hours).
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 06:56:51 pm »

Wow... I thought that it was because they joined the winning side or somehting... =/

Sorry, I don't know anything about WWI because all they do at school is teach you about everything up to about the civil war and then they skip to WWII and the holocaust. Hmmm....
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2008, 06:59:20 pm »

pehaps I should lock this topic agreed?
Report Spam   Logged
Amyler

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2008, 07:20:13 pm »

...? *looks back on topic to see if there is any blatent spam.* I see no reason to lock this topic. While it mightn't be a debate, theres no reason to just lock it now. *shrug* I'm no mod, but that seems kinda pointless.

^^Eh, I can understand that. The only battle I know in great detail for WW1 is Gallipoli, because that was the major battle for the Aussie's, although a minor one in an overall view. American school's wouldn't teach much about WW1 because it didn't hold much part in it. Although it would be nice to know they're not just teaching their kids about America's victories. Haha, Ilike the way they refuse to acknowledge the Vietnam "conflict" as a war, because that would mean America would have lost a war before. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Kirby
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2008, 07:57:53 pm »

ok than......meh it's you'r call I guss I wont lock it than
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2008, 08:47:55 pm »

Oh yeah, and then when we learn World History, we only get up to about... somewhere still in like ancient greece or rome.
But that was middle and elementary school.
I wonder what high school's like...
Report Spam   Logged

Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2008, 03:55:28 am »

I have had the whole world history...

Ohh, now you guys have 3 sorts of schools  Shocked This is getting confusing...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum