Best Of Three Worlds
April 19, 2024, 01:30:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Religion.

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Religion.  (Read 1514 times)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 10:01:23 am »

Extermeists is what causes all the trouble in religions. That is why there is so much conflict. If you do not believe in the extermeists ways...they will seek to get rid of you because the two do not understand or agree to eachother. The exteremists are too narrow mined to open up to other people's ways.
Report Spam   Logged
Ah Puch

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 10:07:01 am »

My religious position is--with the risk of sounding pretentious--way too complex to be neatly summarised with a word like "theist" or "atheist." I guess that at some basic level I am ignostic. This means I think that the idea 'God' is quite meaningless, so I see no point in squabbling about it, but as I said above, my thoughts on the subject are a bit more nuanced. I support a kind of everything goes approach to belief; say you really like the moral tenets of Judaism, but at the same time you also fancy Shintoism and Hindu philosophy, then why not combine? Personally, I think people are way too uptight trying to keep their religion 'pure' somehow. Pluralism and acceptance makes the world spin, not orthodoxy and dogma.

Only...Allah was a man who lived and died. Basically, Muslims turned Allah into a god, but what I can't understand is....

Allah in Arabic means "the God," or just "God." He is very much the same as the God of the Bible -- and the whole thing about him being a 'man who lived and died' sounds more like Jesus than anything found in the Qur'an.

Muslims will utterly force you to believe what they believe...if you don't, they will seek to kill you for not believing.

This is a complex issue, and it is hard for anyone to make a sweeping generalisation about Islam and other such religions and how they are in relation to non-believers. Historically, the Muslims have been way more easygoing than Christians. Just look at their tolerant stance towards Jews, for example, during the middle ages. It seems to me as if Islamic militarism is something recent, whereas strands of Christianity have always been more or less militaristic through the ages -- nothing in the Muslim world can really be compared to, say, the Inquisition.
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 10:15:37 am »

Simply put between every human being....no one will agree on everything and everyone has their own view of religion. However, I do not agree with the Muslim's view of outsiders calling them infidels and believing that infidels should be put to death because the outsider refuses to believe in Allah. That is what drives these terrorist camps. Hence the name "terrorism." If your more open minded...you don't run into trouble as much when it comes to religion, but if your too narrow minded...that is what creates the problems. I however stick to my beliefs, but who says I'm not open minded to understand other people.  This is what a friend of my dad's told me who is indeed an Indian. And this Indian is wise...very wise. He too believes in God, but he also believes in the spirit world, and that God created Father Sky and Mother Earth to do the work for him. Again...Christianity makes an impact on all religions, basically. There is some standpoint in all religions that starts out with something to do with Christians...then it eventaully moves down its own path.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 10:21:56 am »

The word 'infidels' were first used by christians.
Juadism (SP?) is older the christianity.

And ^^
The inquistion was basically getting rid of the Muslim population that so long ruled over them. An innocent idea taken way to far.  And I think muslim extremists can be compared to them.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Ah Puch

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 10:28:11 am »

The inquistion was basically getting rid of the Muslim population that so long ruled over them. An innocent idea taken way to far.  And I think muslim extremists can be compared to them.

The Spanish Inquisition targeted Jews, since most Muslims had been killed during the Reconquista anyway; other inquisitions have gone after, among others, Protestants and Cathars (c.f. the Albigensian crusade).
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 10:30:06 am »

Actually....the word Infidel was derived from Muslim belief. It wasn't as extereme many years ago..but as times changes...things get worse. Many people confuse Christians with believing they created the name Infidel...but if you go back...you'll find it comes from Muslims.
Report Spam   Logged
ikes hero
Boop, boop, boop, beeep...SLAYER

Ha, now I look awesome, not lame with purple hair.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 12:04:21 pm »

I am a Nondenominational Christian  Shocked big word.

I belive that God exists, that he created EVERYTHING in 7 days, not millions of years. Basically I believe that the Bible is completely true. I believe in the Son coming back again. I believe in Heaven and Hell and that people who don't belive in God will go to Hell, yes even great people.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Backflips

Niaiseur~

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 12:44:11 pm »

Well, you can't possibly believe that the Bible is compleetely true. Well, in a sense. I don't have anything against the Bible, but it's been misstranslated and rewriten so many times that some of it got a bit messed up.
Report Spam   Logged

^^Latest^^
ikes hero
Boop, boop, boop, beeep...SLAYER

Ha, now I look awesome, not lame with purple hair.

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 12:46:39 pm »

It all depends on your belief.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Backflips

Niaiseur~

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 01:03:04 pm »

You can't really deny it. The Bible wasn't writen in English thus the inevitable fact that there will be translation errors.

I don't really know where I stand with religion. It's not that I don't believe, but I just don't know. Nobody has ever proved any of these religions. I believe in scientific stuff but I'm not against the possiblity (however unlikely) that it was all kicked off by some higher being.
Report Spam   Logged

^^Latest^^
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 01:10:03 pm »

Hey, well, if you think about it, these religions were just created as a way for humans to understand how they came to be.
Depending on where you live, and perhaps, how you grew up, it affects what your stories would be about.
If you look at the mythology in this world, from several different places, you'll notice all the myths are different, because they correlate to where they lived. The same applies for religions.

Or.... I think...
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Backflips

Niaiseur~

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 01:13:45 pm »

But hey, anything's possible. And we won't know until we die.
Report Spam   Logged

^^Latest^^
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 03:13:28 pm »

The Spanish Inquisition targeted Jews, since most Muslims had been killed during the Reconquista anyway; other inquisitions have gone after, among others, Protestants and Cathars (c.f. the Albigensian crusade).
ouch >.>
Actually don't know much about them >.> Poor Jews, never did anything and there always being beat up.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Amyler

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 05:46:29 pm »

Quote from: Ashera
I won't deny that the two seem very similar...but the way they believe is their difference. Muslims will utterly force you to believe what they believe...if you don't, they will seek to kill you for not believing.
What now?! You do know that the Islamic extremists represent less then 1% of their Religion's followers, correct? And that Christian extremists such as the KKK, Divinely choosen and hundreds of others kill on average more then double those of any other Religion? They kill abortion clinic doctors for "cold blooded murder" ironically enough, blood transfusion patients for denying the will of God, Atheists and believers in other Religions for "reputing God's law" and any kind of person that doesn't sit well with them, really. And Muslim extremists kill for a different reason. They don't kill for defying their Religion; they kill because their Religion has been persucuted and cut down for millenium and still is today. I sympathise with them much more then Christian extremists.

Quote from: Ashera
I'm not saying that all Muslims are like this as every person is different and believes their own way, but Christians are more easy going and doesn't force you to believe if you don't want to. After all, we have all been given a choice.

Again, like I said. you might see and hear more from the news about "bloodthirst Muslims" and their "hate crimes", but they're Jaywalkers compared to the "easy going Christians."
Report Spam   Logged

Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 01:09:55 am »

There is nothing wrong with any religion! exept for scientology, weirdo's, but they'll sue you...
Muslims aren't agressive, they follow their holy Book wich has nothing to do with 'Murder infidels'.

The Christians have started more wars, at about 600 they murdered the german tribes because they were non-believers, the had the crusades, the inquisition...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum