Best Of Three Worlds
March 29, 2024, 07:31:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Global Warming

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 417 times)
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 09:09:12 am »

So you agree to we should take action, but not that it is our fault?
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 09:10:57 am »

Global Warming can be a very threatening thing to us humans as the ice caps are melting as the earth is heating up. However, I really don't believe that there will be any devestating effects from it as everything in nature is working in tandem with eachother. If something goes wrong elsewhere...our atmosphere shifts with it as there are certain things being let off into the air. True, the earth may be heating up...but it could only temporary. I also believe however, that Volcanoes could play a big role in helping us out rather than destroying us. We loose land due to the increased ocean flow...but as volcanoes erupt...we gain more land and new islands. We will always have abundant land. A percentage of a devestating effect is as low as the percentage of the world's only Super Volcano erupting. Both are unlikely, but who says that can't change?
Report Spam   Logged
Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 09:12:46 am »

Yes... I know that sounds a little odd, but we can't be sure of anything at this point.

The CO2 level increases accordingly to the temperature, but so does the solar activity.
Most scientist, however, go for the solar activity as the evil-doer, so I think I'll stick to that side for the while being.

Also a volcano eruption, or should I say explosion, some years back, caused the temperature all around the earth to drop due to dust. (I've heard)
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 09:42:19 am »

Thats one of the many arguements of how dinosaurs died out DS. Another is a metoerite, with the same effect.

But heck the fact that you believe action should be taken is enough for me.
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 09:46:14 am »

Yes, only a meteorite is an easier assuption since no volcano would have such a huge effect to trigger and Ice age.

Seems all we have to do to make globaal warming stop is blowing up volcanoes  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 09:47:27 am »

See global warming can cause an Ice age ....
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 09:49:01 am »

Yes, but only in the extreme, if all the ice caps melt and the uhhhh... Gulfstream (direct translation) is stalled due to cold water.
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 09:56:53 am »

Actually, the world's only Super Volcano loacted in Yellow Stone National Park in Wyoming could have an ice age effect on the earth if it did erupt as scientists say. It would release so much solified lava, ash and gases into the atmosphere that it would probably block out the sun long enough for something devestaing to happen to humans. The power of it...is unimaginable. Not like a meteorite, but it would almost have equal power. Chances of a metorite stiking the earth are extememly slim. Even through Global Warming...if this volcano erupted, it would certainly add to the trouble humans would be in.
Report Spam   Logged
Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 09:58:56 am »

Well, maybe the best things to do with such disaster scenario's is forget about it.

What you just stated is not good if it ever comes that far... (odd sentence)
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 10:05:16 am »

Like the chances of a metorite hitting earth, this volcano I'm talking about will probably never erupt again unless the pressure in the magma chamber builds up as scientists are saying is starting to happen, but certainly not at a fast rate. The last recorded eruption was back in the prehistoric days and it still remains extinct or possibly dormant as scientists named it today. However, I do believe volcanoes can contribute to Global Warming because of the stuff they release into the atmosphere.
Report Spam   Logged
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 01:35:50 pm »

Well, okay, even if Global Warming wasn't caused by humans, we should still try to prevent this unnatural change, right? Because the ice caps will melt and so much land will become covered in water. Heck, I live on the East coast of America. Manahttan's gonna be flooded. Who knows if my town will be too?

Anyways, we also realized the amount of Greenhouse gasses we're fuming into the atmosphere, we should clean that up at least, right?
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 02:52:47 pm »

Wow the first sentence is a complete oximoron (SP?). If it wasn't caused by humans how is it unnatrual?
But I digress and add, getting rid of some of those gases and putting them on Mars has benefits, as it will help make mars more habital in addition to cleaning up after ourselves..
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 07:58:05 pm »

But I digress and add, getting rid of some of those gases and putting them on Mars has benefits, as it will help make mars more habital in addition to cleaning up after ourselves..
Uhh... and how do you propose we do that?

You spell oxymoron like this.
And it's possible it could just be the earth changing... which is still unnaturall.... i think....
Report Spam   Logged

Divine Storm

Womanizer ^_^

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 01:11:09 am »

^ Wich is what I believe, the solar activity increases and so does the temperature.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 04:52:36 am »

Which would be....natrual.
And I how do I propose to do that? Hey I've just read about and seen about. Never heard how. My guess lots of money. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum