Best Of Three Worlds
March 28, 2024, 11:27:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ok guys, I have returned!!! I know the activity is nill to none, but my users who still come here and I are going to try and revive this forum!!! Smiley

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Amazing Ancient Crystal Necklace.

Recent Items

Views: 15
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 14
Comments (0)
By: PhoenixTears

Views: 36
Comments (3)
By: Dr. Backflips

Views: 27
Comments (1)
By: Dr. Backflips
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 71
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amazing Ancient Crystal Necklace.  (Read 5825 times)
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« on: December 26, 2007, 05:04:26 pm »

To start it off, anyone can join this RP, just post your character and go. Wink I'll start with the intro of the RP to tell about the first part of the story. My character...
Brynn

Race:Human/Dragon

Weight: 115 (human)  2,000 (dragon)

Eye color: Saphire blue (human) Red (dragon)

Weakness: Loss of her necklace.

Personality: Brynn is very calm and somewhat shy of others around her. Unlike others of her kind who need a dragonstone to change, she can change by the use of a special crystal necklace that she wears constantly. Because of this incredibly powerful necklace, enemies known as Space Pirates are all the time hunting her down to steal it from her and use it to their own ends. She is a black dragon and fights for good. Here is the intro...

In The Beginning...

Long time ago, on a planet named Gondua, existed a race of peoples known as Manaketes. These people had a very rare and uncommon ability to turn into powerful and monsterous sized dragons. This race was docile, peace loving and often got along with many races. They even had a portal opened to earth where the Manaketes often interacted with humans. The rulers of the Manaketes had a huge family and their rule was fair among other dragons. However, the Manakete race came to a devestating end as a powerful race of creatures known as Space Pirates raided their planet and wanted to use the dragons' power to their own ends. Before dying, the father and leader of the Black Dragon tribe secretly gave his daughter an ancient necklace that had been in the family for generations. This necklace was all that was left to protect the only dragon survivor and to preserve what was left of the dragons. The girl, known as Brynn was the sole holder of the necklace. With this journey to save what is left of the dragons will come friendship, strength, love, and perserverance.

Part 1: Lost and Alone
A year had passed since the devestation of the Manakete race, and the sole survivor Brynn was at a place she never knew existed. The planet was called  Letaner IV. The city there known as Neltoner was vast with many places and many different types of races. The city was under Space Pirate rule, only Brynn did not know this. The city also had a portal to earth which connected its stock trade with humans. The city was bustling with great activity and Brynn just blended in with the crowd. She had no idea what to expect.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ah Puch

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 07:04:12 pm »

OOC: Um, not to sound rude -- but how do we go about playing this? Perhaps a somewhat more informative introduction would make it easier for potential players. I am joining, but I'm not posting quite yet; I want to make sure my character is accepted. This is science fiction (it certainly does remind me of the Metroid games), I presume?

Overgrown Bill (well, his native name is unpronunceable for humans, so he took on the name 'Billie' in order to make things easier).

Race: Hortus. Named after the Latin word for flowers because of their colourful decorations, the horti are a race of crabbish creatures, stemming from a low-gravity world covered in shallow seas. All of them are born with a hard, slick carapace -- like a turtle's shell -- made from chitin, on top of which they grow various coral formations (their equivalent of clothing). Whereas their stance is humanoid, they have quite alien faces spurting no less than five eyes and a mouth surrounded by tentacles. Technically, a hortus is born with four arms -- of which the upper two end in claws used for fighting, and the lower two in tentacles used for manipulation of objects -- but many these days prefer to remove one of these 'sets' and replace the two remaining limbs with human-style arms. Warrior horti usually keep the claws but replace the tentacles with cybernetic or pneumatic arms for holding weapons in. They have two legs. I hope this description is not too confusing.

They were 'discovered' by human explorers working for a mining company who, among other things, offered teaching them about wetware technology, space flight and computers, in return for mining rights. At first many horti were sceptical towards opening up and allowing foreigners to access their homeworld, but as it became more and more apparent exactly how backwards they were, they could but agree.

Age: Horti don't care much about age, but in human terms, somewhere around 45.

Weight: roughly 230 kilograms. After all, he's a huge crab thing standing nearly nine feet tall.

Occupation: he works, at the moment, for the Space Pirates, as a 'security officer' in Neltoner. This means he tracks down and kills all who dare oppose the pirate rule. Before that, he was a bounty hunter.

Eye Colour: milk white.

Weapons: Overgrown Bill relies, like many Horti, primarily on what he can accomplish with his fists. Since he is such a massive creature, he can easily kill a human with a single blow to his or her head. If the fight gets desperate he also carries with him, no matter where he goes, a plastic 'dagger' (well, dagger relative to his size). For shootouts or when the foe is too dangerous to engage toe-on-toe, he has a somewhat outdated automatic rifle.

Weaknesses: aside from an amazing ability to **** his superiors off, thanks to his unconventional ways in dealing with lawbreakers, he has a nasty tendency to get very, very angry at people in general for no apparent reason. Horti in general possess a number of behavioural traits humans find distasteful or outright disturbing, such as their need to constantly be very close to the one they're talking to, and that, I assume, would also count as a weakness/disadvantage. Like many other members of his race, he thinks he is a loser at life (this is another typical Horti trait), and he feels inferior to Space Pirates as well as humans. He detests people who are bigger than he is.

Personality: Overgrown Bill always mocks people, and he is sarcastic to the point where it is not funny anymore. He never cares about anything -- no, not even himself, seeing as how he is constantly drunk (1) and enters dangerous fights without a second thought. He says whatever he wants to say, no matter who gets hurt. He hits or kills whoever he wants dead, no matter any moral qualms. In other words, he is like a destructive whirlwind of self-pity and hatred, pulling everyone around him down into his epicenter of loathing.

(1) On horti-specific kinds of alcohol, of course.
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 07:17:03 pm »

Thats very good. All characters who sign up are accepted. Simply put...the story is about a girl whose race was destroyed by a Space Pirate attack. Her father entrusted a sacred necklace to her that had been in the family for generations. She runs with this necklace knowing the Space Pirates are after it. It holds incredible power and with power like that around...pirates are sure to be after it. They spend alot of time hunting her down and the hunt takes them to many places while she makes friends and tries to oppose the pirates. Omega Pirate has a character he'll be adding sometime tomorrow so he'll be filling in on the Space Pirates side as well as your character, Ah Puch. Once we get characters sorted out, the RP can start.
Report Spam   Logged
Omega Pirate
Administrator

Look up, Phazon is about to fall on your head

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:24:17 am »

Name:Swift
Race:Space Pirate
Height:1.80
Eye-Colour:Dark Green
Class:Space Pirate Commander
Advantage:His prototype suit has the ability to control time.
Weakness:The time control isn't always succesful and his life-support systems deactivate.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Swift became a commander at the age of 17 and was chosen from a variety of skilled warriors.Now he fights his way to the necklace,kill Brynn or take her a hostage.He sometimes is soft sometimes cruel.He is very educated and knows almost everything that's why  he was chosen commander.One is for sure he can be ruthless though had teamed up with Dante,Rodney and Overgrown Bill.Nothing stops him...
Report Spam   Logged

Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:48 am »

Ok, heres how to play... You can create a character being one from the Metroid games or the Fire Emblem games. If you create a Space Pirate, you'd be on their side trying to steal the necklace. If you create a Fire Emblem character, you can either join Brynn's good side or later on betray the good side for power along with the Space Pirates. Its Fire Emblem style...but with Metroid as playing key elements. The chracters can form friendships on both sides and others can also be converted to either side...for example (Lyn speaking to an enemy to recruit it.) Hopefully, this RP will be up and running very soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 10:40:36 am »

Eh wouldn't a fire emblem character...well be destroyed by a metroid one?
*is confused*
I never really paid attention to the side stories in metroid so.....
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Omega Pirate
Administrator

Look up, Phazon is about to fall on your head

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 12:21:41 pm »

Yes this can be done but the reverse is also available
Report Spam   Logged

Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »

*attacks with ragnell, bounces off enemy armor.*
Hmmmm
Well maybe some kind of more futuristic fire emblem characters? I don't know...
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
FE9 quote: "Now we've got you! Eat rock! Heh... eat rock... I'm pretty clever..." - Soldier (to Ike's army)
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 04:25:53 pm »

*attacks with ragnell, bounces off enemy armor.*
Hmmmm
Well maybe some kind of more futuristic fire emblem characters? I don't know...

And that, my friend, would be the problem why you can't mix two different worlds. Like Naruto, Bleach, and Fire Emblem. They go by their own standards.
You understand my dilema. Easy enough for the big metroid fans...
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 05:00:14 pm »

Tis really not that hard to be creative. Look at Final Fantasy. Those characters are very similar to Fire Emblem characters, yet they use futuristic weapons. Characters made here could be similar to them as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Stefan the SwordSaint

~Stefan

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 05:03:25 pm »

Just wondering if they should be using futuristic weapons...OK I'll give it a shot...
Report Spam   Logged

clicky clicky
PhoenixTears
What's in a name? That which we call a rose.

By any other name would smell as sweet.

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 05:11:13 pm »

Hmmm... I suppose...
Heck, I'll join. I'm not that into futuristic though, so God help me. X_X
Name: Shaen (Pronounced.... shayne?)
Race: I'm changing this to human. X_X
Physical Appearance: She looks scruffy, and her hair is cut short. Her clothes are old and falling apart; she'll only get new clothes if she needs it. She has a nice cloak to cover herself in though...
Weapon of Choice: Anything really. Brought up on the streets she's collecting money... but doesn't have a formal weapon yet.
History: Shaen was 'abandoned' by her parents at an early age. The only thing she remembered was her name and she joined one of many street gangs where she learned to fend for herself.
Advantages: She's quick and very agile. She's also small and skinny from being underfed, so she'll fit in tight spaces.
Disadvantages: Due to being underfed, she hasn't built up any muscles. She'll fall easy prey to anyone bigger than her if they're powerful and fast. She falls a short in height, so she can't reach tall places either.
Personality: She's street smart and has some knowledge of history and such as well. She doesn't trust people at all; you'll have a hard time earning it, and if you do, kudos to you. She's never lazy. However, if you earn her trust, she'll be extremely loyal.
Urg, I'm updating all this information, and... I'm just too lazy right now... be back in a bit, after I learn to play Wind on the piano. ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

Ah Puch

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 05:44:51 pm »

Well, here's a link which, I think, illustrates pretty well what the Space Pirates look like: http://www.conceptart.org/artist/andrew-jones/images/MP2_BONUS/space_pirate.jpg.
Report Spam   Logged
Ashera
The Volcano Spirit.
Administrator

The Dawn Goddess

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 07:38:38 pm »

PT, you can do a human girl if you like. Just give her some weapons like Yuna uses in Final Fantasy. That would make your character pretty cool. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Ysera

>3

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 07:10:07 am »

Can I be a dragon too Ashera? =3
Maybe of an different planet...
Report Spam   Logged

Wenn du das hier lesen kannst, dann weiß ich das du geschumelt hast >3

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 71
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum